Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorRohler
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2018

Hi All,
    My commute recently changed and I'm testing different routes on weekend mornings.
    The old commute ended near Camino Santa Fe & Flanders.
    Home is near Scripps Ranch blvd & Ironwood. New work is near Genesee Ave. & N. Torrey Pines Rd.
    I tried Miramar Rd. > Eastgate Mall > Genesee. Most direct but pretty busy during rush hours and kinda crazy eastbound near Kearny Villa Rd and the 15.
    Today, I took Flanders > Mira Mesa Blvd > Sorrento Valley Rd > Roselle > bike path > Genesee. Dodgey near the 805. Rode home along Carroll Canyon then Fenton but it doesn't connect to Camino Santa Fe. Shame as I was hoping to avoid additional climbing. Would love to hear of something I'm overlooking. The 56 path makes it ~19 miles one way. More than I want.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    Rohler.
    • CommentAuthorJSnook
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2018

You could cut through qcomm land by taking a right at Pacific Heights and then jogging over to Lusk on Barnes Canyon and take Lusk to Vista Sorrento and then Sorrento Valley Blvd. I am assuming you take Gold Coast and then Flanders which is pretty much what I do. I avoid Miramar like the plague.

Another option is to take a left at Pacific Heights and cut over to Carrol Cyn Rd, then take Carrol Cyn Rd. all the way to Sorrento Valley Rd. The reverse of this might be a good option for the return home, since you'd have a bike lane all the way along Sorrento Valley Rd and then a right onto Carrol Cyn. I think the Lusk option above is maybe easier on the way in but not totally sure since I haven't really done it as a commute that I can think of.
    • CommentAuthorRohler
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2018

Thanks for the reply JSnook. Yes Carroll Canyon > Maya Linda > Gold Coast > Flanders, Sorry I omitted that.
    I like the second option you mentioned and will give it a try in a few weeks. I recall noting Pacific Heights being rather steep from Carroll Canyon. But it's short ~0.5 mile.
    Perhaps we have passed each other? Ride a vintage blue Nishiki or a yellow bike with blinkies on the saddle bag?
    Thanks again and happy pedaling.