Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorPraxis
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009 edited

I heard that there's a bike pavilion of sorts at Padres home games this season. I assume it's some sort of a claim check system, so I don't need to bring a lock? Also, I'm wondering if there's enough space to bring a trailer in tow (for the kids, you know...). Has anyone used this?
    • CommentAuthorProtorio
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009

Sounds cool - hopefully we'll find out. I rode to the game on Wednesday, and just did a regular lock-up in front of a police car behind the park at the park.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbilld
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009

http://www.mlb.com/sd/ballpark/petcopark_a-z.jsp

BICYCLE PAVILION
    The Bicycle Pavilion will be open and available for all Padres Sunday games during the 2009 season. The Bicycle Pavilion, located at Park Boulevard and Tony Gwynn Drive allows fans to park their bicycle in a secured area under the watchful eye of Event Security.

BIKE PARKING
    Bicycle stands are available for use by guests and Team Members outside the Home Plate, Park Boulevard and Gaslamp Gates.
    • CommentAuthorJayKay
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2013

has anyone used the Sunday bicycle pavillion this year at Petco? I have used it in the past but the above link has been updated since 2011.

I am going to game tomorrow.

Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorJayKay
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2013

Just got back. At tony gwynn drive & Park blvd, there are bike racks behind a temporary fence. The security people will allow you enter and lock up. Seemed pretty secure. They said they allow bicyclists to do this for every game. Good to know