Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorsd_mike
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014

I saw Smorg at Ciclosdias today near 6th/University.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014 edited

It was good to see you on the bike, Michael! :oD Also ran into VeloCafe, Hans and a few other cycling friends. It was so cool cruising along University Ave without fear of getting run over by a car!
    • CommentAuthorLucky
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2015

Saw the lovely Hippy heading East on Ft Stockton. He was flying!
    I saw Sigurd this afternoon descending Encilia/Country Club on Mt. Soledad. I was descending behind him, but couldn't close the gap--would have been a good GoPro moment if I had been so equipped.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2015 edited

Totally saw you, Shady, but didn't realize it was you. I noticed you followed me up Al Bahr past the first Troll bridge, before I turned up Mecca. (I like the Middle Eastern inspired street names in this area).
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeoff
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2015

Was walking the dogs Saturday morning on 32nd near Grape, when I saw a cyclist coming up the wet road. I didn't think anything of it until I noticed the hot pink sock. Only one guy I know wears those on a bike. I managed to blurt out a belated, "Hey, Paul..." but don't know if he heard me (or recognized me off a bike). So, Paul, hello from the guy with two dogs on 32nd. Hope the rest of your ride was dry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2015

Geoff:Was walking the dogs Saturday morning on 32nd near Grape, when I saw a cyclist coming up the wet road. I didn't think anything of it until I noticed the hot pink sock. Only one guy I know wears those on a bike. I managed to blurt out a belated, "Hey, Paul..." but don't know if he heard me (or recognized me off a bike). So, Paul, hello from the guy with two dogs on 32nd. Hope the rest of your ride was dry.

Ha. I was probably in an early morning daze after staying up all night until I decided to DNS the OC 400k. We got sprinkled on for a minute. Those are definitely lucky socks.
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2015

Finally I can post on this thread. I saw the Schwin Lawyer on his way to work, while I was working !
    • CommentAuthorShady John

Was that Serge turning onto Exchange Place from Torrey Pines this afternoon around 5:30? Green shorts and a yellow backpack, very distinctive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2015 edited

Shady John:Was that Serge turning onto Exchange Place from Torrey Pines
    He is one of the few riders I can think of who has the guts to routinely make a vehicular left hand turn at that intersection.

In the rush hour, no less.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbilld
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2015 edited

It doesn't take courage, not even at rush hour. It's just about waiting for an adequate opening, which can require a fair amount of patience.

Is Serge allowed to post here anymore? I don't know that he comes to this board anymore.
    • CommentAuthorShady John

You're right Bill, he doesn't post here anymore. At that intersection (which I usually avoid), I prefer to go straight across Exchange, and then stop and wait for the light to cross TP road, like a pseudo-pedestrian crossing, except I'm riding on the street the whole time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2015 edited

Shady John:At that intersection (which I usually avoid), I prefer to go straight across Exchange, and then stop and wait for the light to cross TP road, like a pseudo-pedestrian crossing, except I'm riding on the street the whole time.
    I invariably come up from LJ Shores and travel some convoluted side streets up to TP Rd, so that I can hit the turn left lane to Hillside Dr instead (and then onto Soledad Ave, if that's the direction I am heading).
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2015

Even a mention of his name extends this thread by four messages. Good riddance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2015

You could always go visit the CABO or San Diego Bicyclist forums for a quick fix. And as a bonus, you'll be getting the musings of a certain J. Forester, as well as an assortment of similarly inclined groupies.

But my advice is: Go ride your bike instead; you'll feel happier about that choice.
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2015

Factionalism and infighting has been the undoing of numerous well intentioned social movements and was largely responsible for the decline of the New Left in the early 1970s.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbilld

Yep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg

Ran into T and his girls in University Heights this afternoon. A real treat getting to greet the new arrival, too. Congrats, T & C! :oD
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2015

Look who's back in town!
    IMG_7274

He would have gone tagging with me also, if only he wasn't on sushi-making duty. :o) Good to see you, VC, Schwinn, Sam & Fred!
    Passed Michelle (Smorg) on Mission Gorge Road; I was heading west to the coast; she as is her apparent nature was heading east to slay some dragons. I did not recognize get til she rang her bell which I reciprocated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2015

Ha! I thought that was you! :oD I was just doing a little recovery ride, actually. Sunday Road Riders out of Adams Ave Bike. :o) We went thru Mission Trails into Santee before coming back to town via Fanita & Navajo to College, where we ran into a couple of cutest kittens chasing each other up a tree by the side of the road. I was so delightfully distracted I forgot to swing a bit further south to pick up the current bike-o-rama tag! :oP
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2015

I saw Serge today with his daughter on their Vespa, thanks for stopping and taking time for a little chat! Haven't seen him forever, bringing memories back of the good old Sun Micro days.
    Met Shady John today at the swapmeet
    It was good to meet you in person, Mark! I thought the cargo bike looked familiar, and then I saw the unmistakable passenger:

• CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2016

I ran into Schwinn Lawyer at Whistle Stop in South Park on Monday. I can't wait to get back down to midtown and do some group rides.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2016

Saw a yellow Bacchetta make a left from Torrey Pines onto UCSD campus at Northpoint Drive last night just after 5pm. Was that you bikingbill?

I was approaching the intersection from the South but was too far away to know for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2016

batmick:Saw a yellow Bacchetta make a left from Torrey Pines onto UCSD campus at Northpoint Drive last night just after 5pm. Was that you bikingbill?

I was approaching the intersection from the South but was too far away to know for sure.

No, I was back east that day.

But today I saw a 'Ordinary' making the turn onto Laural into Balboa park, when I was on the Yellow Bacchetta. Said I'd see him at the Tweed ride tomorrow. (I'll be on the Brompton)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2016

Back in town, and was riding south on 30th in North Park running errands when I ran into Lisi heading the opposite direction. :oD Well met again, my friend!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2016

Had the afternoon free and was feeling too sleepy for comfort, so I headed down the hill to find some good espresso at Hippy's Coffee Cycle on Pacific Hwy at Anna (across the street from the CHP headquarters). He made me a really fabulous cup of macchiato that totally cured me of my acute bout of caffeine-deficiency!
    IMG_0914 IMG_0920 IMG_0933

After a while even Sigurd and Jo dropped in for some exquisite brew, too. It was so cool to get to hang with you three after my long out-of-town stint. :oD Looking forward to raiding Hippy's Coffee Cycle again next week!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2017

Ran into PacMule at the best roadside bike hang out aka Hippy's Coffee Cycle cart. :D Well met, my friend!

Awesome americana at Hippy's Coffee Cycle on Pacific Hwy