I like the bicycling specific rain ponchos

• CommentAuthorStephan
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2012

Frocks on Bikes from New Zealand

Another great video from NZ
    • CommentAuthormfutch
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2012

Wow. Just, wow.

Just amazing what happens when you have a custom made bike that fits.

I finally get it!
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2012

Another hitler rant, this time his bike gets stolen...

Reminiscing serene snowy trails and frozen lakes
    • CommentAuthorbilld
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2012

As Sam Kinison would say, I don't condone this sort of behavior but I UNDERSTAND IT!

•  
      CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012

I didn't break the mirror, only folded it back, but this is what precipitated the merry chase I led Cletus on in his huge lifted truck after he Jerry Browned me on Ruffin between Balboa and Aero Drive (where the new bike lanes are supposed to go in). We went round and round the McDonald's at Murphy Canyon Rd. until I lost him by hiding in the tire store across the street.
    • CommentAuthorbilld
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2012 edited

Ladies on bicycles, 1899. Notice the synchronization.

• CommentAuthorMcLovin
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2012

Here's a quick edit I did with some footage from a MTB ride last weekend. Fun. :)

:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentAuthormfutch

Nice! Where was this?
    • CommentAuthorMcLovin

mfutch:Nice! Where was this?

It's out east in Rancho San Diego off Hwy 94.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2012

sykkelspruce:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma1kAESijFQ&context=C3413774ADOEgsToPDskJEdm9aXyvHexWh05bS7vFY

Good times!
    • CommentAuthormfutch
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2012

Funny, but if your ears are sensitive to profanity, do not click this link.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity

mfutch:Funny, but if your ears are sensitive to profanity, do not click this link.
    A good laugh and a reminder not to take yourself too seriously! At least that's what I took away from it...
    • CommentAuthorbilld

•  
      CommentAuthorHans
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2012

Feel happy of yourself, for "If you believe in yourself, you will know how to ride a bike"

Then there's the kickin' remix... ***Warning: turn down the treble on your speakers***
    May 12th Delta Spirit @ the Belly Up tavern. I've been waiting a long time to see this band.
    • CommentAuthorlisi
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2012

Paris-Roubaix documentary seeking funding on Kickstarter:
    What is the project?

In 1976 Danish Filmmaker Jorgen Leth made the legendary sports and cycling film, A Sunday in Hell, about the Paris Roubaix cycling race. It defined a genre and helped put the Paris-Roubaix on the global sporting map. Leth now comments on the race for television.

We plan to follow Leth as he prepares for and comments on the race. We’ll be with him from his hotel in Paris until the end of the race at the Roubaix Velodrome. Along the way our team of photographers and filmmakers will shoot footage of the race, crowds and Leth himself caught up in the excitement of sport. We’ll capture the intense effort of contemporary pro racers, and will be sure to include stars from cycling’s past.

The Commentator will screen all over the world as part of the Bicycle Film Festival programming.

Why are we making this film?

We all have deep respect for Jorgen and are great fans of his work. We’ve had the idea for this film for a while, but have just this year decided to set things in motion to make it happen.

Everyone on the crew has their own connection to Jorgen, some have worked with him others are friends and still others are great admirers of his work.

A Sunday in Hell changed not just the way sports documentaries are filmed, but the very nature of sports coverage. It painstakingly documents the sometimes-brutal sport of cycling on one if its most historic and challenging courses.

Leth essentially created a blueprint for cycling coverage that lives on to this day.

We take inspiration from Leth’s work and hope to discover more about the grueling Paris-Roubaix.

http://kck.st/xxCTZ0
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2012 edited

A Sunday in Hell is a fantastic movie (and available for streaming on Netflix). Jorgen Leth's other cycling movies - Stars and Water Carriers and The Impossible Hour - are also well worth watching.
    • CommentAuthorbilld
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2012

Negotiating a difficult interchange safely and easily:

•  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2012 edited

From OnBicycles.com. I met Amy Walker, author of On Bicycles and co-founder of Momentum Magazine, at the NAHBS in Sacramento. She is on this video riding the red bike commuter/townie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2012 edited

Rainy weekend, so if you have an extra 75min. you can spend it in worse ways than watching this movie about the '74 Giro:

Love it! In fact I enjoy watching Giro d' Italia races more suspenseful than TdF.
    • CommentAuthormfutch
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2012

I just recently watched "A Sunday in Hell" on youtube in its entirety and absolutely loved it. The narration was fantastic, but I was wondering if the DVD or other versions contain subtitles for what the riders are saying during the movie. I thought it would be quite interesting to hear exactly what they were saying...anyone know if this exists?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2012

mfutch:...I was wondering if the DVD or other versions contain subtitles for what the riders are saying during the movie. I thought it would be quite interesting to hear exactly what they were saying...anyone know if this exists?
    I checked my downloaded (non-Youtube) version and there are no subtitles in it.
    One of these days I will take the train to San Clemente and ride back to Carlsbad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2012

I'm waiting till I can afford a Velomobile :face-devil-grin:
    • CommentAuthorbilld
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2012 edited

The streets of San Francisco, 1906, shot 4 days before the big quake and resulting fire that devastated the city. How many transportation modes can you identify?

•  
      CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2012

Looks like Market St. heading toward the Embarcadero. Pedestrians, cyclists, a horse, horse drawn conveyances, motorcars, cable cars, an electrified street car.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this already but it's the first I've seen it. It's good for a laugh..

A little clip we put together from our art show this weekend.
    • CommentAuthorbilld

svelocity:I'm not sure if anyone has posted this already but it's the first I've seen it. It's good for a laugh..
    I think it was already posted but it's good enough for a second watching :face-devil-grin:
    It was new to me and quite funny.
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2012 edited

Just saying that Lance Armstrong likes this new dangerous fad.:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentAuthorbilld

I noticed that Lance had a front brake.

I don't think anyone was surprised to see him spinning down hill very fast.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2012 edited

Inviato dai miei amici a Modena:

•  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2012

Giving schoolgirls bikes in India helps them stay in school

•  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2012

Check out the jerseys!

•  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2012

How easy is it to steal a bike in NYC?

•  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012

Ouch!

Some of you have met Matt, who has posted on here.
    This is a video of his Feel My Legs, I'm a Racer hill ride last weekend: