Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthormissler
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010 edited

Hey all,

So the bike company I work for is looking for models for our 2011 catalog. I recognize a few of you from some submissions we've received already, thanks! The shoots are usually pretty rad, last year's shoot involved the desert, fire, and bourbon. So yeah. Here's the ad:

---
    Electra is looking for models for our 2011 web and print photography.

We're looking for 'real people' rather than supermodels, but if you happen to be one, that's just fine. We are seeking individuals with diverse and eclectic interests - males and females between the ages of 18 and 70, any race, size, and ethnic background.

The photo shoot is set for late April. We are looking for models who are willing to trade work for a bike or equipment. If you are interested, or know someone else who might be, please submit one face photo and one full body photo and/or video to norma@electrabike.com by 3/31/2010.

Decisions will be made early April and prospective participants will be contacted at that time.

Combined entries are welcome. Professional photos are not necessary. Electra will not cover travel costs.
    ---

Feel free to email/whisper any questions you might have - email to melissa@electrabike.com.
    Thanks for your time guys!

Melissa
    •  
      CommentAuthorVelo Cult
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010

thats cool. i did this once for Haro bikes. it's fun.
    i am sooo down!
    •  
      CommentAuthormissler
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010

well then shoot norma@electrabike.com some pics of your bad self. . and drop by our offices on weds march 31st at 9am for the casting call. i understand they'll be making their decisions in early april.

this is cool, i've gotten a lot of positive responses from actual riders. last year the models that showed up didn't really get on the bikes and ride around, except one guy. . so this is refreshing!
    email sent along with some mug shots. how long do you think the casting call will go on for? i work that day but i may be able to get a half day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2010

Emailed pics.
    •  
      CommentAuthormissler
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2010 edited

Cool, thanks everyone! Don't worry if you don't receive an email response from Norma, she has her hands full with stuff at the moment but she will get back to people after the casting call.

The casting call on the 31st may go on for half the day or longer, I'm not sure what all they need to do with you guys. It's probably a good idea to have the full day open if possible.
    •  
      CommentAuthormissler
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010

All right guys, so I've received an update on this from the people running the show here: Apparently there will not be an open call on the 31st, just a submission deadline. They have nothing further scheduled that would require you guys to make the trip up here.

So to repeat. . please don't come to the offices on the 31st. Just send an email with your pics if you haven't already, and Norma will be contacting prospective participants in early April. Sorry for the confusion, disorganization seems to be reigning supreme at the moment. Take care all!

Melissa
    im doing it!
    who else is going?
    •  
      CommentAuthormissler
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010 edited

sweet! i hear it'll be in little italy, i may stop by there to harrass the people who have to work and generally loiter around. enjoy yourself!