Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorlisi
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012

Sariously:
    randomjive:Is there a flier or something that I can bring to businesses? I ride my bike to Downtown La Mesa fairly regularly and would like to see some of those business joining in.

Oh my goodness. I would just love to see DT La Mesa get in on this.

Sariously, let's get together soon and you can help us get La Mesa going!
    • CommentAuthorjacobk
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2012

My girlfriend and I rode to Toronado earlier today for brunch. We ran up a tab and when we were cashing out we asked for the bike discount.

The bartender said that they're no longer doing any discounts other than sunday, which is industry day. He said people were abusing the discounts. I asked him specifically about the wooden sdbikecommuter sign in the weekend and he said "I guess I'll have to take that down."

We were just there a few weeks ago and the discount was still active. Hadn't seen this bartender before, maybe he's new, anybody know what's going on?
    • CommentAuthorlisi
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2012

^ I will check it out and let you know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012

Just checked out Cafe 21 for lunch.

The food was awesome and the Bike Commuter Discount is alive and well!
    • CommentAuthorjacobk
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012

lisi:^ I will check it out and let you know.

Lisi, any word back on Toronado's status in the program?

Also, I just want to say thanks to you and svelocity for maintaining and expanding this program, and to all of the businesses that participate. It's definitely one of the coolest bike community perks San Diego has to offer.
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2012 edited

Pulled up to the Empire House yesterday and got a the royal treatment from the staff. Our server mentioned someone was very insistent that we get a discount for riding our bikes over. This very insistent someone turned out to be sykkelspruce! It was so nice to finally meet sykkelspruce in person!

Proof of bike discount!
    It was cool to meet you in person too Sam. Always good to have forum members swing by!
    • CommentAuthorlisi
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2012 edited

So Chris and I have some new help in signing up businesses for the discount program! Synthetic (Roger L) recently signed up Cafe Moto at 2619 National Avenue. And from their own website, "Cafe Moto is proud to offer bicyclists a 10% Discount on Retail Products in both our Cafe and in our Roaster Store." They have incredible coffee and we are lucky to add them!!

Roger took some pictures when he was there:

•  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2012

Thanks, Synthetic and Lisi!

PS! Cafè Moto carries some awesome looking cycling kit!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2012

If you're looking for beans, their 5 pound bags are wholesale priced and great stuff. The Yemen Moka is my go to.
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2012

Did anyone recently check the page on our new addition? I also made it more easy to search.... here is a hint!

carnitas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2012

synthetic:Did anyone recently check the page on our new addition? I also made it more easy to search.... here is a hint!carnitas
    This is totally awesome!
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2012 edited

Sigurd: This is totally awesome!
    Agree! Like how you sectioned off the neighborhoods! =)
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2012

Dropped off a flyer and a had a good talk with the owner of Ranchos Cocina in OB. So hopefully you hear back from him. Found out while talking that Ranchos Cocina in North Park is no longer affiliated with Ranchos in OB but they just kept the name. I'll be dropping one off at the NP location also.

Also stopped in to the Hillcrest Brewing Company and had a good chat with the guys there too. The folks who make the decisions won't be in until Thursday. So I'm thinking about taking a ride to HBC on Thursday with a flyer to talk to give them the pitch. If anyone wants to join me on Thursday for a pint & pizza let me know and we can ride over together or meet there.
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic

when you planning to go thursday? i Have signed up to volunteer from an event, 4-7
    • CommentAuthorlisi

Bruce, I may be able to go depending on when I get off work. Text me tomorrow!
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé

Will do. I have another long day tomorrow so wasn't thinking about going until around 7 or 8. I'll shoot ya both messages.
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2012 edited

Our new friends open in the coffee district of san diego:

ok

Cafe Virtuoso= 10% off everything... they just installed a bike rack out front
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2012

synthetic:Cafe Virtuoso= 10% off everything... they just installed a bike rack out front

Fantastic - this'll be where my next cuppa comes from!
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2012

When my running season is over,(dec 2) I would like to do a tour de coffee morning ride..any interest? Maybe a weekday at 6:30am
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2012

^ Sounds fun! I'd be down depending on my work schedule of course.
    • CommentAuthorlisi
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2013

We have a new addition to the discount program, located in historic downtown Escondido. The owner contacted us about joining as they were really excited about the upcoming Amgen tour and the fact that Escondido is also in the process of putting in bike paths all over and they wanted to show their support. Kettle Coffee & Tea is located at 119 E. Grand Ave and they are offering 10% off of purchase. I went up there yesterday to drop off their sign and take some pictures. Their place is very charming and inviting! Also, they really know their coffee (they even have pour-overs), please check out their website and be sure to stop by next time you are riding in Escondido!

That new place serves Klatch Coffee!

That coffee is so good- I will ride up there just to drink some. Highly recommended from the cycling community's biggest coffee snob, me!

Well done, Lisi!
    • CommentAuthorlisi
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013 edited

Thanks, Hippy! I had a cup while I was up there - delicious, indeed. The recommendation means a lot coming from you!!
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013 edited

• CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2013 edited

Damn at El Take It Easy :(

We lose one but gain another...

http://www.bullssmokinbbq.com

10% off a great alternative to phils, mom and pop owned - they agreed to join when we brought our pet pig in haha... very dog friendly location

bulls
    • CommentAuthorjacobk
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013 edited

Awesome, nice job signing them up! Looking forward to checking it out.
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013

The owners of El Take It Easy are rebranding as Hubcap. Anyone now if discount will carry over and be available?
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013

It is up to them velo, I will modify the information if they do so. Pizza Fusion turned into local habit, but I didnt get an response if they wanted to rejoin. Personally I am so strict with this program, if a business is not willing to join I usually never go back. I take the extra effort to give my money to the businesses on the program
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2013

Lets give a big welcome to eclipse chocolat in south park!! 1 free truffle with purchase!!

ch
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé

synthetic:It is up to them velo, I will modify the information if they do so. Pizza Fusion turned into local habit, but I didnt get an response if they wanted to rejoin. Personally I am so strict with this program, if a business is not willing to join I usually never go back. I take the extra effort to give my money to the businesses on the program
    Just curious if same owner and just a rebranding why make them rejoin? Maybe I misunderstood and its more than just rebranding of name & service. Yay for new additions tho!
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic

velo, rejoin I just mean update the info, no need to pay twice. Sorry for the poor word choice
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2013

Welcome Nate's Garden Grill!! 10% off

nates
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2013

Awesome news, let's make sure we bring some patronage their way!
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2013 edited

Lets keep it rolling! Finally a Downtown quick fuel up location (where many great group rides start):

bagel
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2013

Welcome Kensington Cafe and The Haven Pizzaria on Adams ave 10% off!!
    HippyOnaBike:That new place serves Klatch Coffee!

That coffee is so good- I will ride up there just to drink some. Highly recommended from the cycling community's biggest coffee snob, me!

Well done, Lisi!

I had to work during Sunday's ToC Stage 1 start, so I rode up to Escondido to check out the preparations/spectacle on Saturday. I dismounted my bike to scope out some of the tents they were setting up, and then I realized the railing I leaned my bike against was Kettle Coffee and Tea!

I only had time/funds for a quick espresso... but I gotta say: probably the second best espresso in SD County.

Rankings:

#1- I don't even have to say it
    #2- Kettle serving Klatch
    #3- Zumbar in Sorrento Valley (definitely a great spot to ride to. Any day but Sunday, cause they're closed)
    #4- Coffee and Tea Collective
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé

HippyOnaBike: I only had time/funds for a quick espresso... but I gotta say: probably the second best espresso in SD County.
    Rankings:

#1- I don't even have to say it
    #2- Kettle serving Klatch
    #3- Zumbar in Sorrento Valley (definitely a great spot to ride to. Any day but Sunday, cause they're closed)
    #4- Coffee and Tea Collective

So is #1 Starbucks??? >:-)
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic

We should plan a morning coffee ride for all sdbikecommuter.com discount locations to decide best espresso! Im thinking of after rock and roll marathon or bike to work day
    I'm down! Good work you guys on getting all the new additions.
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2013

http://girlonthego.net/ 10% off for night spa in golden hill , its behind counterpoint. Business is booming though you may want to rsvp
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013

Update: Talked with andy of SDCBC and we will be working with bikelocal.org together, to gather more businesses (each site will link to each other). The Idea is the BID council asks a place for a sunday only deal, cyclists come in and hopefully they will want the continued business by permanently signing with us.
    Our friends at Village Hat Shop are having a sale on JAXON Hats. 15% off selected items. I'm not sure if they will add in the Bicycle Discount on top of that, but worth noting anyhow. (Get your tweed cap for the coming cool weather rides!)

Village Hat Shop ~ 10% SDBikeCommuter Discount
    3821 4th Ave.
    San Diego, CA 92103
    (619) 683-5533
    http://www.villagehatshop.com/san_diego_hillcrest.html
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2013

Welcome our newest location, Salt & Cleaver offering 10% off. Winner of "Chef's choice best sausage" at the san diego sausage fest for their ribeye. Vegetarian option too "faceless"

ok
    Our friends at Village Hat Shop are having a sale through November 22nd, 2013. If you need a warm hat for the cool, damp season ahead, now's as good a time as any. (Think San Diego Tweed Ride!)

Village Hat Shop ~ 10% SDBikeCommuter Discount
    3821 4th Ave.
    San Diego, CA 92103
    (619) 683-5533
    http://www.villagehatshop.com/san_diego_hillcrest.html

Ride well and be safe out there.

OKB
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2013

• CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2013 edited

We lose one, but gain another. AirBnB cottage stay for cyclists in northpark.

https://m.airbnb.com/listings/1083576
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2014

Welcome ryan brothers, 10% off, 15% if you are military.....
    The location that council member David Alvarez bikes to every morning before biking to work

ryanbros
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2014

They were pretty busy with bicyclists this morning. Nice work, Synthetic. Both sides win.
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2014 edited

Nice shot hans, the owner told me he put in a request to the city for bike racks.

We have a new addition!

Milestone running in north park for 10% - I actually purchased shoes from there too haha (I needed the HOKA one's with the 12+ miles i put down daily)

they have a group run every wednesday at 6pm.. 3-5 miles easy pace and big group.