Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010

Since the last time I checked there has been a sharp growth in the number of bicycle-related podcasts: There must be a dozen or more such podcasts available on iTunes only, and I subscribed to one sample from about a dozen of them today just to check them out. If any of them are any good, I will download the series. I will revert here with additional information as I learn more details about the podcasts on offer.

Does anybody here listen to any bike podcasts?
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010

I have an addiction to bike podcasts. Here are my favorties.

The Fredcast
    Velocast
    Veloreviews
    bikehugger (huggacasts)
    TwoJohnscycling podcast
    cyclingnews.com podcast
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2010

t.e.d:The Fredcast
    Velocast
    Veloreviews
    bikehugger (huggacasts)
    TwoJohnscycling podcast
    cyclingnews.com podcast
    Great!

I subscribe to most of those - here are some other ones I am also checking out:

Biycle Radio
    Everyday Cyclist
    Nowhere Soon
    The Spokesmen
    Travelling Two

Here are also some videocasts I am testing out:

Bike to Work (video)
    Bikeable Planet (video)
    Down the Road (video)
    iCycle 1000 (video)
    Quickrelease (video)
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2010

Forgot about the Spokesmen... that one's great A TON of good info. Some are a little heavy on the adverts, but they ARE free, so no biggie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2010

I've lately had the opportunity listen to some of the podcasts I subscribe to - Fredcast, Spokesmen, Two Johns, Velocast, and a few others (any other good ones that I am missing?). And the publisher of Bicycling keeps on sending me "teaser" copies of their magazine.

Between the two sources of mostly road bike info I sometimes get this strong urge to get myself a super-light, super-fast, and ultimately much too expensive new bicycle. When this happens, I figure it is time to put down the headphones and the magazine, and just get out there and ride what I have!
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2010

Velocast stopped months ago. This weekend's Spokesmen was VERY informative regarding the hit-and-run in Vail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

t.e.d:Velocast stopped months ago.
    You're right - last episode was in September, but I have only recently managed to catch up with my podcast backlog (still need to listen to the last four weeks or so worth of material, so have not yet gotten to the Spokesmen coverage of Vail. Can't listen to Carlton Reid without thinking how much he sounds like David Gilmour did back when he was younger and the band was in its prime [think Meddle-era]).
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

Glad to hear that someone else considers Meddle to be PF's prime. :face-devil-grin:
    I listen to "The Bike Show Podcast from Resonance FM" that is based in London and "KBOO Bike Show Podcast" that is based in Portland. Both are radio shows and cover a variety of bike related topics from racing to urban planning to music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011 edited

t.e.d:Velocast stopped months ago.
    ...but out of its ashes has emerged another great Scottish podcast - Velo Club Don Logan (also on iTunes): The latest episode was dedicated to a full-length interview with Graeme Obree - great stuff!

Next on my list to watch - "The Flying Scotsman".

• CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011

Awesome! Have to check out the new podcast. John's on the Spokesmen every once in a while. Flying Scotsman is a GREAT movie. Just saw triplets of belleville over the weekend. Pretty cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2011

I listen to cycling podcasts when walking my dow (when I am not listening to music): "Two Johns Podcast" has grown on me, and it is now probably my favorite cycling podcast: Once you get used to their style, internal jokes and references, they are pretty entertaining.

They are at least partially pretty "roadie" oriented though, as are most of the other podcasts I have found it worth my time listening to. I am hoping to find quality podcasts on other "branches" of cycling, too (touring, rando, urban, utility - you name it) in due course.
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2011

from L.A., Bike Talk.
    Lane Kagay, builder of CETMA Racks and Cargobikes, interview http://thesprocket.podbean.com/2012/07/08/e85-cetmacargo-lane-kagay/
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2013 edited

Marz and I attempt podcasting and here is the first episode: Derailleuring San Diego. Subject includes the start of the velodrome season and that UCI scandal. Does anyone know how to do podcasts and make it a little more polished?

All done in good fun and with love. Don't take any offense. Unless you want to, then it's okay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKathy
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013

Hi Sam,
    I listened to the podcast, and enjoyed it, although you lost me a bit in the middle.
    Regarding the sound quality/polish - maybe the local community college, high school, or other organization might have some more professional recording equipment? Looks like http://www.activistsandiego.org/radio has some pretty serious equipment and know-how... if they don't have the equipment it looks like they might know a lot of people who do.