Not signed in (Sign In)
    From Burning Man
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012

Reminds me of a sculpture installation at Henry Miller Library in Big Sur about 15 years ago. I've searched for photos with no luck.
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012 edited

• CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2013 edited

From the same guy (Thomas Yang) who brought you the above poster...he was recently commissioned by " Singapore Road Safety Council, the Singapore Traffic Police and a host of Singapore-based cycling communities, including cycling clubs, retailers and race organisers." to design some educational posters and he came up with some really well designed work.

I really like this one:

Lilac School Looking for Broken Bikes, Scooters and Skateboards
    April 04, 2018 valleycenterhappenings.com
    When doing your spring cleaning, if you come across a broken bike(s), old skateboard(s) or scooter(s) that you need to get rid of, do we have the answer for you! Lilac Elementary is looking for these exact items for a large group "up cycling" art project they have planned for their annual FAVE Family Art Night!

Just drop off your item(s) at Lilac Elementary School, located at 30109 Lilac Road in Valley Center, between now and April 27 to donate for this fun family project!

Call for Artists: Encinitas Up Close
    The City of Encinitas is now accepting applications from Encinitas high school and college age students and adult artists to participate in a city-funded public art project to create mosaic panels for permanent installation. As part of the Caltrans North Coast Corridor Program, the Interstate 5 undercrossing, located at Santa Fe Drive, has been redesigned and a series of 53 mosaic panels will be installed on the north and south walls. The mosaic panels will be created by Encinitas students and adult artists and reflect the culture of the five different communities of Encinitas. The artistic theme is “Encinitas Up Close,” depicting local flora and fauna, including people, abstract or representational in form. The mosaics must be dynamic and distinguishable from a distance.

Two applications are available: Student Artists and Adult Artists. Hard copies are available at Encinitas City Hall, located at 505 S. Vulcan Avenue, or the Encinitas Library, located at 540 Cornish Drive. The deadline to submit an application is Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 4:00 P.M. to the City of Encinitas Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department.

Some cool bike art would be apropos along this protected bike facility. Bike promotion, encouragement, joy, fun or what ever rolls through your imagination would reinforce the positive aspects of alternative transportation choices with those that transit this underpass every day.

This very busy intersection with HWY-5 will be much safer for all pedestrians, bicyclist and especially school children who transit this crowded, busy space. With the added security the new facilities provide, student commuters and their parents will be more inclined to utilize the options of biking and walking to their schools and parks. Beautiful!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2018

The Same City that took down the "Surfing Madonna" on the Encinitas Blvd/I5 underpass?

RICH

Note: One reason they are re-doing the (previously non-existent) pedestrian facilities on that underpass is the fatality my wife and I came upon a few years ago. She was probably one of the last person the poor lady saw before she died.

https://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2015/08/09/woman-struck-crossing-freeway-on-ramp-in-encinitas/

She died sometime later. We only found out when investigators called us.

@Leucadia101

Nice art (if a little dated; it's the 24th this year) and a great way to burn off the holiday dinner! Support your local business district by riding your bike to the local shops to start your holiday shopping. Spread the joy and good will to all. Yee-haw, y'all haul and Ride the Yule Tide!