Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthordstone
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2011

PacMUle:
    wpstoll:How are we going to recognize each other? I know Pac, Sykkelspruce, Sam, Sky, William, Anthony, and Sigurd (forgive me if I've left anyone out) by sight, but there are a lot of others I've never had the pleasure of meeting. Jolie and I will be riding the black Fisher Gemini MTB tandem with a handlebar bag covered in touring patches and sdbikecommuter cards and RVF patches in the mapcase.

we need to come up with some kinda identifier for each other... not just for this, but in general i think it would be kinda neat... maybe a spoke card or something along those lines so we can spot one another on rides or in a crowd.

In fact Sigurd has both sides of the SDBC business card slipped into his spokes, and I was going to replicate his idea. That would be nice. You can pick up the SDBC cards from VC, I think.
    • CommentAuthorlisi

In fact Sigurd has both sides of the SDBC business card slipped into his spokes, and I was going to replicate his idea. That would be nice. You can pick up the SDBC cards from VC, I think.

Good idea. If I get a chance, I will do this as well.
    E and I should be at VC in the morning, as well. She is currently trying to decide on an outfit . . .

Previews of things to come.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeoff

I have a costume, but it may be too warm tomorrow to pull off. So, I figure a preview is in order.

Dos palabras . . .

LUCHA TWEED!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

That ROCKS!
    Literally a HOT outfit!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2011 edited

markphilips:Literally a HOT outfit!

Sometimes one must suffer in the name of fashion. I shall be sporting my Juncker Bakkersfiets and exposing my inner super hero. 65lb single speed bike, AND hot outfit.
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2011

Ready for your audition with The Creepy Creeps! See youse in a couple of hours!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2011

does any one know if there is going to be a bike valet??
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2011 edited

The family had a great time. Saw many from this forum, Urban BS, and work. Golden Hill park is a really nice park. Afterwards, we went to South Park walkabout and bumped into more bikey people. It was truly a great day!

I hope everybody made it home safely. We saw a handful of people that were wobbly on the way out of the park. One woman crashed on the grass and took a while to get up.
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2011

Yay! No baby poop colored or sewage colored t-shirts from New Belgium this year!
    • CommentAuthorAn.dy
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2011

Sam:Yay! No baby poop colored or sewage colored t-shirts from New Belgium this year!

I was working the New Belgium booth and there was actually and entire box of those left. Not a big seller for some reason:face-monkey:
    And the winner is....

photo by Cecil

More photos here
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2011

i think your link is broken... says unavailable :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorsykkelspruce
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2011 edited

It was cool getting to finally meet some of the people from the board at TDF, definitely a lot of fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2011

It was a nice day.
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2011 edited

PacMUle:i think your link is broken... says unavailable :(

I checked on my PC and blackberry and it works. But the link doesn't work if your not logged in FB.
    I heard that L.A.Tour de Fat bike parade route has some tunnel passes. Next year we'll be there

Downtown
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011 edited

The San Francisco Critical Mass travels through one or several tunnels just about every time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVelo Cult
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011

Mark, that's a fun tunnel too. It's near Griffith Park.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2013

Wow.. Two years since this thread was hit-up.
    Okay, so we're gearing up and putting the finishing touches on our outfits for this Saturday's event. conversation has come around to "where should we meet to go to the tour?" As an option/in addition to Jeremy's faction meeting at the Alibi for cocktails before your beer, I was thinking of Cafe21, 750 5th - downtown, for breakfast/coffee before heading out on a 2 mile ride to catch the parade. Meeting at 9:00 should give us time to get a bite to eat, leaving around 10 to not be late for anything. There's no way around going uphill, but it is a gradual ride to Golden Hill Park, as some of us will be riding cruisers and single speed nostalgic rides. Invite your friends, and see you there, there, or there! After the event, this week still has Oktoberfest and the Adams Avenue Street fair, so "get on your bike and ride!"
    As a sdbikecommuter discount program member, 10% will get whacked off your tab, just for mentioning you rode. When arriving at TdFat, mention UrbanBS (a Bike Coalition Club Member) and you can become a personal member of the Coalition for ten bucks, and get a beer token, to boot!

https://www.facebook.com/events/505847826171763/
    https://www.facebook.com/events/168824119987377/
    YES YES YES.
    I freakin love Tour De Fat and I don't even drink! Can't do the early ride cause I'll be riding (you know what I mean), but I'll see you all there. I'll be in the crazy bike pit.

Also I wish the money was going to Bike SD instead of SDBC, but maybe that's already been discussed here.