Hint: Strava
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2017

Sigurd:Hint: Strava

Looks like a great route! ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2017 edited

Good luck getting in there today. (or if the door is up...)
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2017

• CommentAuthort.e.d

•  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

Strava - or it didn't happen!!

JK - haha
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

If this one is too far out of the way, I'll post a new one in a week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2017 edited

t.e.d:If this one is too far out of the way, I'll post a new one in a week.
    It's inside the City boundaries, right? For example, tags can't be in National City, Chula Vista or Del Mar...

PS: Happy birthday!
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2017 edited

Sigurd:
    t.e.d:If this one is too far out of the way, I'll post a new one in a week.
    It's inside the City boundaries, right? For example, tags can't be in National City, Chula Vista or Del Mar...

PS: Happy birthday!

Thanks for the Bday wishes. It was a happy one indeed!

Looks like I was WAY off on where I thought San Diego ended and National City begins. It's Division St, oddly enough. Sorry about that. I'll post another today!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2017 edited

Yes, post a new tag in San Diego: Players can catch either one as a valid catch.

t.e.d:Looks like I was WAY off on where I thought San Diego ended and National City begins. It's Division St, oddly enough.
    Yes, Division St is the boundary between San Diego and National City.

Another related and interesting fact: Boundary St (which today roughly demarks the boundary between the neighborhoods of North Park and City Heights, although the I-805 is probably considered the de facto boundary these days) was named so to mark the city boundary between the City of San Diego and the City of East San Diego: East San Diego was incorporated into San Diego city (and renamed "City Heights") in 1923. The I-805 was completed in 1975.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2017

Sigurd:Yes, post a new tag in San Diego: Players can catch either one as a valid catch.

t.e.d:Looks like I was WAY off on where I thought San Diego ended and National City begins. It's Division St, oddly enough.
    Yes, Division St is the boundary between San Diego and National City.

Another related and interesting fact: Boundary St (which today roughly demarks the boundary between the neighborhoods of North Park and City Heights, although the I-805 is probably considered the de facto boundary these days) was named so to mark the city boundary between the City of San Diego and the City of East San Diego: East San Diego was incorporated into San Diego city (and renamed "City Heights") in 1923. The I-805 was completed in 1975.

But the actual city limit is well past the 15. The sign is just west of 70th if you're headed in on University or El Cajon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2017

Paul:But the actual city limit is well past the 15. The sign is just west of 70th if you're headed in on University or El Cajon.
    That's what I mean - with the inclusion of the City of East San Diego into the City of San Diego (in 1923), San Diego's city boundaries became extended much farther east, to the neighboring cities of La Mesa and Lemon Grove, and the present boundaries to the east are, as you suggest, in the general area of 70th Street and thereabouts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2017

Warehouse door in the alley between Ray and Grim. Closed this time.

Go:

• CommentAuthort.e.d

• CommentAuthort.e.d

New tag is up. Extra points if you get another model doing a photo shoot, which isn't hard since there is ALWAYS someone doing some kind of photo shoot on this bridge. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2017 edited

Okay - so we have not one, but two new tags on the board. Let's keep this fun. and make them both active at the same time. Yes, you heard it - you can catch either one, and either way it's a valid catch! Heck, let's even throw the one down in Nat City into the fold, too - three in one, three times as much fun! (Once one of them is caught, the other two deactivate, too).

So the three active tags are, to sum up:
    1) Black sheep on white wall
    2) Model shoot on bridge
    3) Nat City

NOW go get one of them, and place a new one!
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2017

Oh wow!

Paul must have put those up at the same time I did mine. I didn't see them!

Sorry for the mix-up. I think technically I was bruced, but I like the results.

Happy Hunting!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2017 edited

The fact that the timestamps were so similar definitely helped my decision to keep them all alive.

Plus, both Paul and Ted can stay active in the game without having to wait.

:)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2017

Three cool spots. Went the wrong way to catch any of Ted's this morning.

Headed South on Harbor, I've never noticed the Welcome to National City sign but it might be there. Headed North, I've stolen the sprint to the San Diego sign because I know it's there at the entrance to the new-ish bike path (which is now torn up and closed for some reason.)

Last was Heart Work Coffee, Goldfinch and University
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2017

• CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2017

Please support Bikes Del Pueblo. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2017

Kind of eclectic. I have another if it's too hard

Tag was Tiger! Tiger!
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

Wow. Tough one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul

t.e.d:Wow. Tough one.

Related to a popular local commuter bike shop. I'll post a good alternate soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2017 edited

Haha pretty sure I know - or at least can find out... Wait - that was too easy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2017

Sigurd:Haha pretty sure I know - or at least can find out... Wait - that was too easy!

Strava plus Instagram +1
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2017

"A tag isn't really an actual tag - it is just a picture of your bike in an interesting or well-known location, perhaps with some hints if you think seekers need it."

I'm struggling to find the "interesting" or "well-known" aspect of the current tag... I can go dumpster diving anytime without leaving the comfort of my home ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017

Cornelia:"A tag isn't really an actual tag - it is just a picture of your bike in an interesting or well-known location, perhaps with some hints if you think seekers need it."

I'm struggling to find the "interesting" or "well-known" aspect of the current tag... I can go dumpster diving anytime without leaving the comfort of my home ;-)

Sigurd figured it out but for the less sleuthy:

•  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017 edited

So there are two active tags, both of which can be caught for a valid catch:

1) Alley way with hanging bicycle
    2) Utility box art

Once one of the tags is caught and a new tag is posted, they both become de-activated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017

Cornelia:"A tag isn't really an actual tag - it is just a picture of your bike in an interesting or well-known location, perhaps with some hints if you think seekers need it."

BTW, as I explained, the boat on the roof should be well-known to friends of one of our favorite bike shops.
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2017

If I may make a modest suggestion,

Please make the photo at least somewhat searchable. I have spent at least a half hour on google maps looking for boats by bike shops. The utility box is useless unless you already know where it is.

Perhaps a wider angle shot with a street sign or business in the photo would give people something to go off. I thought the point of the game was to go out and ride your bike, not dig through countless Google searches and Strava records. It's quite daunting to go on a search ride with nothing but an empty alley and half a utility box to go off.

Nothing personal, just trying to keep the game moving.

Cheers!
    Seconded!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul

t.e.d:If I may make a modest suggestion,

Please make the photo at least somewhat searchable. I have spent at least a half hour on google maps looking for boats by bike shops. The utility box is useless unless you already know where it is.

Perhaps a wider angle shot with a street sign or business in the photo would give people something to go off. I thought the point of the game was to go out and ride your bike, not dig through countless Google searches and Strava records. It's quite daunting to go on a search ride with nothing but an empty alley and half a utility box to go off.

Cheers!

I agree. My bad. When I went to the utility box I did realize that I hadn't caught any businesses or signage cues in the shot. I'll post a reasonable tag in the morning or in the alternative, it can revert to your last bridge.
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

Paul:
    t.e.d:If I may make a modest suggestion,

Cheers!

I agree. My bad. When I went to the utility box I did realize that I hadn't caught any businesses or signage cues in the shot. I'll post a reasonable tag in the morning or in the alternative, it can revert to your last bridge.

All good, bud. I'm not in a hurry. Feel free to repost the box if you can get a wider shot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2017

• CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2017

•  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2017

It would be nice to have a new tag up by the weekend.
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2017

Here ya go!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2017

Tag

•  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2017

New tag:

The previous tag was the Farmer's Market in City Height.
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2017

Unless anyone is planning on getting this soon, I'm going to ask for a hint.

After searching "San Diego, school, mosaic, art, etc..." I got nothing.

Pleeeease?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

I know (from Googling). No hints from me, but if you are familiar with what parts of town Cornelia often travels in, and can discern what kind of structure is in the background, Google Maps will give you the answer in two seconds.

It's a little outside of my daily radius, and I don't know when I would get to it.

So if nobody can figure it, and in the interest of keeping it running, I guess a hint may be in order at some point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia

The current tag actually caught my attention going after 2 of t.e.d's recent tags, so I was hoping it should be an easy one. But here a different angle which should offer more clues:

• CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2017

Ahhhh! I totally checked that school, but it's under a tree in the overhead view so I missed it.

I'll have it today or tomorrow unless someone bruces me. ;)