Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2017 edited

Her Strava track would've given some quality clues, as well, although it wasn't necessary to solve the puzzle.

PS: This thread just passed 4,000 posts: I wonder how many calories it has burned?
    I wonder how many beers have been consumed because of this thread?
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2017

JayOtheMountains:I wonder how many beers have been consumed because of this thread?

For me alone, in the ballpark 0f 60-100. (recent tag at Tiger! Tiger! included)
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2017

• CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2017

If you come here for the tag on Saturday, there will be about 800 people doing yoga everywhere. If you see me, come say hi!

Last tag was Rosa Parks Elementary in City Heights.
    Hint?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

I am not providing any hints beyond what's already in Ted's description but Google this:

"yoga san diego saturday june 17"

I don't even know if this is it, but that's what I would try first - obviously, one needs to ride out there to know for sure.

This takes 0.2 seconds, so you don't have to spend all day behind a computer screen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

Tag (I believe), different tree, same park (park/lawn at the South / West corner of the intersection Presidents Way & Park Blvd, with Coronado bridge views in the background on the left and downtown on the right):

My phone is taking really shitty night pictures, so here another shot - same intersection, but the North / East corner to show at least the street signs for "proof" that I have been there:

I'll let t.e.d confirm if the tag is valid before posting a new tag.
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2017

That's the spot. I'll give it to ya.

Looking forward to the next tag!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

t.e.d:That's the spot.
    ...whch proves that the suggested Google search was spot on at the "I'm Feeling Lucky" level.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia

And the new tag:

Last tag was the "Balboa Park Boulevard and Presidents Way Lawn", rather prosaic but that's the official name according to google maps ;-)
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

Beautiful shot! Seems so peaceful.

Last was California Tower/Old Globe in Balboa Park.
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2017

• CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2017

Last tag was obviously CalWest Law School.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2017

Tag:

I be bruced!
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

Oh snap!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia

Dang, that was close!

And here we go, the new tag - meet Mini:

Love the hairdo!

Last tag was the Ward Canyon Park on Adams Ave.
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2017

•  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2017

You guys are on it

• CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2017

Sigurd:You guys are on it

I've been looking forward to getting back in this game for a long time. :)
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

As far as I know, this is the only parking garage with sharrows. ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorCornelia

Sigurd:You guys are on it

I could watch this all day long... :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

Tag:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

Next one up:

Last one was at the Trader Joe's shopping center in HIllcrest. The shot was taken on what's commonly known as "PFA's Rat Run", so I figured I had a chance to capture this one today as he is out of town.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2017 edited

Cornelia:I could watch this all day long... :-)
    I've been watching them play for like an hour now and they still haven't missed a single shot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

Now that I have had a chance to look at the tag I claimed on a larger screen, I am thinking maybe that I caught the wrong entrance to the parking structure - I will leave it to Ted to decide if it qualifies as a catch or not.
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

Sigurd:Now that I have had a chance to look at the tag I claimed on a larger screen, I am thinking maybe that I caught the wrong entrance to the parking structure - I will leave it to Ted to decide if it qualifies as a catch or not.

I've been trying to be mindful of placing tags at savvy locations for getting around town. Since the parking garage/bike freeway is a GREAT asset for getting from Hillcrest to Uni Heights, I'm all for putting up as many different pictures as possible. So, yes. Your catch is awesome, as is the new tag, which I just rode by this morning. :/
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

I'm tempted to go get the catch now and start a Gloria Muriel series. She's got a lot of great walls in my hood.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

t.e.d:I'm tempted to go get the catch now and start a Gloria Muriel series.
    This Gloria Muriel mural used to be on the very same wall, but was replaced by the current one sometime over the last year or so, purportedly when a new business tenant moved in.

I am glad I caught it before it was gone; it was spectacular:

https://www.instagram.com/p/0OSg7bNkeX/

I would like to know the story behind how Muriel ended up being commissioned to paint two murals on this wall; one on top of the other.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia

Pong?

•  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

Cornelia:Pong?
    Looking good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia

Ping:

Last tag was a mural at Hawley Blvd / Adams Ave.
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017

Sigurd:
    t.e.d:I'm tempted to go get the catch now and start a Gloria Muriel series.
    This Gloria Muriel mural used to be on the very same wall, but was replaced by the current one sometime over the last year or so, purportedly when a new business tenant moved in.

I am glad I caught it before it was gone; it was spectacular:

https://www.instagram.com/p/0OSg7bNkeX/

I would like to know the story behind how Muriel ended up being commissioned to paint two murals on this wall; one on top of the other.

It looks to me like a collaboration, and a great one at that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017

t.e.d:It looks to me like a collaboration, and a great one at that!
    Yes, the yellow (current one) is a collab - you can clearly see different styles on the two sides of the work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017 edited

The building postal number was the clue I needed.

Next one should be up before mid-day (not quite up to
    Hans' expectations and practice, but not too bad nevertheless).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017 edited

Behind these walls lay a place of great historical interest and significance.

More about that later.

•  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2017

Hint please?
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

Cornelia:Hint please?

Seconded.

I'm thinking Old Town, but that's just a shot in the dark.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

Here's the same location but in the opposite direction - hope that helps.

•  
      CommentAuthorCornelia

Doh! I should have known that one... I ride by there mostly at night though, that's my lame excuse and I stick to it ;-)
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

Nice. Won't be able to get it till Wednesday though.

Last was stone wall on Adams, just south of Park and north of, well, North. What is the story you alluded to Sigurd?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2017 edited

Sigurd:Behind these walls lay a place of great historical interest and significance. More about that later.
    The Schwinn Lawyer:What is the story you alluded to Sigurd?

I found this a fascinating piece of SD history - check it out for yourself:

• CommentAuthorShady John
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2017

Thanks Sigurd--very interesting.
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2017

Hey all, Photobucket wants me to pay $400 to keep using their hosting service because of "excessing 3rd party hosting" which is apparently around 20 pictures.

Does anyone have recommendations for a cheaper way to do this? This is the only thing I use Photobucket for. I am going to ry deleting old posts on this thread and see if that helps, but if you could let me know what YOU use to play this game, that would be great.

Thanks!

TEd
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2017 edited

Apparently, Photobucket is restricting the use of photos hosted on their servers on 3rd party web sites, such as this one. How they are going about deploying this strategy is unclear, as many people here are using PB (including myself, since the beginning of this game): So far, only Ted has had his photos locked down (see his photo submissions above).

However, I think it would be prudent by all present Photobucket users to look into other hosting options, as it is possible that PB will lock down all of us. I did some research yesterday, and decided to set up an Imgur account, With it, I was able to host photos and have them displayed onto here. Imgur also has an iPhone app, which is useful if you iike to post while on the road. It seems user friendly enough, once you get used to how it works. I will be using Imgur for all my Bikeorama shots from now on, regardless of whether PB reverses its policy.

Those of you who are using other photo hosting options than Photobucket please chime in with your experiences (Smorg, Shady, SUL, Bobby, to mention some).

As always, it is critical that you parse the code that you paste into the forum post: All image links need to start with "http" and end with "jpg" - nothing else will display properly. Invariably, for me at least, I need to edit the link given to me by the photo host and remove various HTML formatting in order to reach the desired http and jpg front and back.