Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2017

Thanks Sigurd.
    I liked the photobucket app because it was really easy to use and post at the site. Maybe since I only (re)joined recently my profile is subject to this new lockdown. I have tried the Imgur app and found it WAY more troublesome than photobucket, but alas, it looks like that's where I'll try next.

Thanks again, and any more input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick

I have been using Tinypic for everything I post on here. I believe it is part of the Photobucket company but free and I have not heard anything about limitations on the number of third party hosted content.

Keep in mind, though, that pretty much the only thing I use it for is this board and I have no demands on the app or maximum data amount compared to others on here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia

Tag...

• CommentAuthorShady John

I used to use Picasa/Google photos, and used to post on the road. Now I don't bother to post on the road. My photos now are automatically clouded on OneDrive, so I just link to those photos from my computer at home (through a rather cumbersome process involving incognito windows to get a publicly-viewable link). I do have rotation issues, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia

And the new tag (still no problems with photobucket, I'm using the "bucket" for storage and not the "mobile uploads"):

I have a wider area shot If this picture is too cryptic, but this one is prettier (and goes better with Sigurd's ping-pong cats), so I'm trying it first ;-)

Last tag was corner Park Blvd and Centre St.
    t.e.d:Hey all, Photobucket wants me to pay $400 to keep using their hosting service because of "excessing 3rd party hosting" which is apparently around 20 pictures.

Does anyone have recommendations for a cheaper way to do this? This is the only thing I use Photobucket for. I am going to ry deleting old posts on this thread and see if that helps, but if you could let me know what YOU use to play this game, that would be great.

Thanks!

TEd
    IMGUR
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017

JayOtheMountains:
    t.e.d:Hey all, Photobucket wants me to pay $400 to keep using their hosting service because of "excessing 3rd party hosting" which is apparently around 20 pictures.

Does anyone have recommendations for a cheaper way to do this? This is the only thing I use Photobucket for. I am going to ry deleting old posts on this thread and see if that helps, but if you could let me know what YOU use to play this game, that would be great.

Thanks!

TEd
    IMGUR

I'm working on this one, but when I post, the photos are enormous. Do you know how to resize them? Thanks!
    Hint please
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017

The Schwinn Lawyer:Hint please

Ask and you shall receive:

•  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

t.e.d:...when I post, the photos are enormous. Do you know how to resize them? Thanks!
    Here's a workaround solution that may work for you: Email the photo to yourself. On the iPhone (at least) before you hit "send", you have the option of resizing the photo from original (Small, Medium, Large). Experiment with Med and Lg, open the photo from your Inbox, and upload it to Imgur. See what happens.

Just a thought - haven't tried it myself, mostly because I haven't needed to.

The Schwinn Lawyer:Hint please
    There are many reasons to follow Cornelia on Strava. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg

I use flickr to host my photos. :) It's free with a free yahoo mail account, has lots of storage space, easy to upload and share (and it gives you sizing options when you share the photos).
    Tag
    • CommentAuthorChris C.
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2017

I was just setting out to get that!!
    Ok. Let's see what's next...
    Sorry for the image rotation of the previous photo-you would think Microsoft could figure this stuff out, but alas, no...
    Previous tag was Dr. Boyd's Pet Resort on San Diego Ave in/near Old Town. Here's the new tag, not too far away from the previous tag:
    • CommentAuthorChris C.
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2017 edited

Thanks for keeping it on my route!!
    • CommentAuthorChris C.
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2017 edited

I confess, I took it up the Mesa a little ways, but a friendly place with coffee, Mariposa ice cream, smoothies, etc. awaits the next intrepid rider. Salut.
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2017 edited

Tag! I had too much trail grime on me to stop for ice cream or coffee...

Previous post was Clairemont Coffee on Clairemont Drive at Iroquois.

Here's the new tag (two different angles)--people were setting up on Mission Bay already at 8:00 AM for the fourth:

•  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2017

I've ridden there 100's of times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2017

So having tested Imgur and Flicker, and rejected them both (for reasons that may not apply to anybody but me), I have found a very basic hosting site that may work:

http://vgy.me

It is very simple: There is no login, you just upload your photo, the site gives you a working URL that you can then copy and paste straight into your forum post.

One possible disadvantage is that the site does not resize your photo - your picture is hosted in the same dimensions as it was uploaded in. So if your camera takes impossibly large photos, you will need to find a way to pre-process them to get the photo in the 600-1200 px width range. In IOS, the only method I know of is to email it to yourself, and choose "Medium" or maybe "Large".

Check it out. Let us know what you think.
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2017 edited

To test vgy.me, I'm posting this additional image of the tag, hosted on vgy.me without account or login. I uploaded the photo via the website on my phone, no app. Note that although the photo appears at a reasonable size on the forum, if you right click (from a computer) and choose 'view image in new tab" you will see the photo in its original size, and you can even make out a street sign that will nail the site of the tag.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2017

Also a vgy test:

Hi guys! I have used Flickr in the past and found this link that may help- Photobucket alternatives for third-party hosted images:
    https://www.ghacks.net/2017/07/02/photobucket-alternatives-for-third-party/
    So close I had to grab it :-) Fanuel Park in PB. Yay back in the game!
    I posted this by creating a free acct using this link: https://vgy.me/
    New tag. Have a great Summer all. Cheers!
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2017

I might try to go snag this one tonight.
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2017

One does not know the luxury of a 2-hour mid-week bike ride until one has lost that luxury.

:/