Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2017

Sigurd:
    Shady John:You can use vgy.me from your phone, just use your browser.
    Checked and confirmed - it works from a phone browser, too.

Quite easily and intuitively, I would add. I'm happy with it. Now to find the time to go get that tag...
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2018 edited

Petteri:And here's a new one:

The previous tag was Meshuggah Shack in Mission Hills. Almost feels like cheating since it's right on my commute - which is why I held off on this for a couple of days...

Because somebody had to do it...

Tag! The Acoustic Ales Brewery shown in Petteri's tag has been moved/closed by now, but this is the building:

•  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2018

I hope we can revive the San Diego Bike-O-Rama again and this won't take another 4-5 months - so here the new tag, an easy one I hope:

The last tag was the former Acoustic Ales brewery building on the corner Hancock St & Washington St.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2018

Yey!! Way to go, Cornelia. :D I've been meaning to go grab it, but it's pretty far out of the way for me now, and I haven't made it into SD city of late. Hopefully someone will grab the cute new tag before I drop into town next week!
    • CommentAuthorShady John
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2018 edited

Bless you Cornelia! Good to have the game on again. And I'm willing to declare that the statute of limitations has passed (from May 6, 2012):

Shady John:Here it is:

Next tag will be up in just a few minutes and will be in the same neighborhood, so go ahead and saddle up the horses.

Just to be clear--I'm not claiming a tag with this, merely making a historical connection. Oh--I still have that bike, but it lives in the Bay Area now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2018

I'll have to admit that I didn't go through all 83 pages to see who's pictures have survived. Plus, I was so excited to finally have the dragon all to myself that I just couldn't help myself :-) The original plan was to repost the first tag I caught years ago, which coincidentally was one of yours, but the shiny, pretty creature won...
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

Just curious if bike-share bikes are eligible to use in the game.

Judges?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg

t.e.d:Just curious if bike-share bikes are eligible to use in the game.

Judges?

I'd think as long as you ride to the tag(s) and back, it shouldn't matter if you use your own bike or a rental one. Any reason against?
    I have no problem with bike-share bikes. And I think it's OK to reuse old tags at this point--maybe set some sort of time limit, e.g. >1 year old is fair game. But because of the PhotoBucket fiasco, maybe we just open it all up again. Sigurd?
    • CommentAuthort.e.d

Smorg:

Judges?

I'd think as long as you ride to the tag(s) and back, it shouldn't matter if you use your own bike or a rental one. Any reason against?

There would be the possibility of getting a catch when you're not out on your bike. For instance, you could drive to the grocery store, see the tag across the street, grab a bike share bike, and get the catch. It just seems to dilute the game maybe? Am I taking this too seriously? :)

Then again, it would do wonders for moving the game along...
    •  
      CommentAuthorCornelia

t.e.d:
    Smorg:

Judges?

There would be the possibility of getting a catch when you're not out on your bike. For instance, you could drive to the grocery store, see the tag across the street, grab a bike share bike, and get the catch. It just seems to dilute the game maybe? Am I taking this too seriously? :)

Then again, it would do wonders for moving the game along...

I'd think given the audience and shared love for actually riding bicycles the chances of abuse are rather slim. Sure, people could cheat but why and for what would anybody want to do that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2018

1) Bike share bikes are ALL-OKAY (as long as they are not e-bikes or e-scooters, maybe - what do you think?)
    2) Re-using tag locations is ALL-OKAY - trying always to find an unused locations was never more than a suggestion, anyways.
    • CommentAuthorallanorn
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2018

Sigurd:1) Bike share bikes are ALL-OKAY (as long as they are not e-bikes or e-scooters, maybe - what do you think?)
    2) Re-using tag locations is ALL-OKAY - trying always to find an unused locations was never more than a suggestion, anyways.

I’d allow e-bikes but not e-scooters. You still have to pedal the e-bike to keep it moving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2018

allanorn:
    Sigurd:1) Bike share bikes are ALL-OKAY (as long as they are not e-bikes or e-scooters, maybe - what do you think?)

I’d allow e-bikes but not e-scooters. You still have to pedal the e-bike to keep it moving.

I was just going to ask... Now that I commute by e-bike I would have to quit the game.

Not that it would make much of a difference anyway because I keep forgetting to stop and take the picture. I must have passed the current tag in the North County game some 30 times already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2018

allanorn:I’d allow e-bikes but not e-scooters. You still have to pedal the e-bike to keep it moving.
    Agreed -- e-bikes (incl those from bike shares) are permitted in the game (as long as you need to pedal to propel it).
    • CommentAuthorPetteri
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2018

• CommentAuthorPetteri
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2018 edited

Here's the new one - not far but couldn't resist a brand new piece of art:

Bonus view from a better angle, too busy to get my bike in here:

The previous tag was Nikigator by Mingei International Museum in Balboa Park.
    Tag:

Here's the new tag-close to the old tag, which was the new cantilevered lion at the SD zoo entrance:

•  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2018

Tag:

•  
      CommentAuthorCornelia
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2018

And the new tag, another rather new sculpture:

Previous tag was the Prado ponds viewed from the Botanical Building side.
    • CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2018

• CommentAuthort.e.d
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2018

Saw this on the ride home. Pretty cool.

Last one was the corner of Broadway and Pacific Highway downtown.