Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2011

I used to ride by there every morning to work, but I've switched to riding Leucadia to Quail Garden. I prefer the climb to riding on La Costa and 101.
    • CommentAuthorbossvoss

I also usually take Leucadia to Quail Garden (going Southbound) and then Sunset/Orpheus to Leucadia (going Northbound).
    I like to take the lane on Quail Garden due to the narrow lanes and speeding motorists, and it's not much fun doing that while also going up hill and dealing with heavy afternoon traffic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

bossvoss:I also usually take Leucadia to Quail Garden (going Southbound) and then Sunset/Orpheus to Leucadia (going Northbound).
    I like to take the lane on Quail Garden due to the narrow lanes and speeding motorists, and it's not much fun doing that while also going up hill and dealing with heavy afternoon traffic.

On the Quail climb, I simply move over when cars approach. On the descent, I just power in the lane for most if it. Not much traffic in either direction when I ride it.

The fun is making the left onto Barcelona on the descent on Leucadia. 40 to 45mph speed helps in getting in the left lane.
    • CommentAuthorbossvoss
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2011

Last tag was on Coast Highway in Encinitas/Leucadia

Next Tag:
    Photobucket
    • CommentAuthorbossvoss
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011

Hint: This wall can be seen from a major North-South bike commuting route.
    To get this shot I had to place my bike in some landscaping. This is not required (I did it this way since my cell phone camera has lousy resolution from further away)
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2011 edited

I waited long enough...

•  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2011

Is that in Oceanside?
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2011 edited

It is near the intersection of Vulcan and Leucadia blvd. The mural is at the 7 Eleven building.

This place has one of the best street tacos in North County hands down!
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011 edited

I posted another photo of my folded Brompton on another thread that can reveal the location of the current tag. Both photos were posted the same day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKathy
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011

^NOW you tell me....
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2011 edited

Here's another hint which is in close proximity to the current tag.:face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2011

It's not a restaurant named after a plumbing item, is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips

markphilips:
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips

bikingbill:It's not a restaurant named after a plumbing item, is it?

It's not named after a plumbing item but that place is another favorite as well. It has stunning views on any given day while chowing down delicious street tacos.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2011

I lived in Cardiff for years and I don't have a clue.
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips

Locals told us that it's one of the best kept secret in town even though people from all other states visit this area for a weekend or weeks at a time.
    • CommentAuthoreaton
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011

Is it named after an animal?
    It's inside the CAMPGROUND !

markphilips:
    markphilips:
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011

Well that explains a bunch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011

Here we go.

•  
      CommentAuthorbatmick

And on to the next one. Last tag was at the camp store of the San Elijo campground in Cardiff.

Come sail away...

Glad you found it. It's also the location of Bull Tacos were we usually go out for lunch or dinner while enjoying the ocean view.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick

Ah, so that's where Bull Taco is. I know the name and the product because they supplied our team's last swim meet. Yum!

Had no idea they were actually inside the campground. Those places traditionally don't have the best reputation when it comes to food.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKathy
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011

Isn't there a Bull Tacos in O'side? I ate there last time I was looking for a tag - YUM!
    Am I the only one who can't see the last tag? :face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick

Kathy, I checked on three different computers and on my ipad and the tag shows. Must be you :face-devil-grin:

Hint: If you go there between 1 and 4 pm today (or any Saturday) you can fill up on fresh produce or get flowers just 50 yards South of my tag.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKathy

I can see it now. Stupid computers...
    Thanks for the hint! Maybe I can get there tomorrow if someone doesn't Bruce me...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKathy
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2011

Finally got the image to download. Wheee!
    tag o rama
    •  
      CommentAuthorKathy

I think this one is 'fair'ly obvious
    Fairly Obvious
    Last tag was the City of Del Mar Administrative Center. I had never seen that sculpture before and I must have ridden by a million times...
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2011 edited

I always wondered what that building was. They had some construction last week. Glad you found it. Because I was planning on getting it this Monday.

It looks like the current tag location is very close to a previously posted tag. :face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

... and they're off!
    • CommentAuthorbossvoss
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2011

Photobucket
    • CommentAuthorbossvoss
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2011

Last tag was Camino del Mar at San Dieguito Lagoon.

Photobucket
    Any chance the coastal ride see this tag last weekend?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012 edited

I pass this spot almost every morning and ALWAYS forget to stop and take the shot. I'm getting senile...

And it is a repeat tag too. If we wait much longer, the construction will be done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012

I had that tag when it was posted many months ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

batmick:And it is a repeat tag too.

bikingbill:I had that tag when it was posted many months ago.
    You sure? We had that locale for the San DIego Bike-O-Rama a while back, but not sure it was ever used for the NoCo B-O-R...

At any rate, this raises the theoretical quandary of a particular location being in both the City of Del Mar and City of San Diego at the same time -- I know this is close to the boundary between the two cities and remember trying to look it up, but couldn't establish with certainty if the shot was in Del Mar or San Diego.

I always thought the boundary was somewhere on, or just at the southern bridgehead of, the PCH road bridge in this area: Back in the the day, I seem to remember that the City of SD wanted to renovate or expand the bridge, but the City of Del Mar vetoed any improvements to it - this is the city that refused to accept t a Coaster station inside their city limits (despite always being a RR station town) when it was built, after all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

I tagged in in SD Bike-O-Rama. Technically it's in the city of San Diego.

•  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012 edited

bikingbill:Technically it's in the city of San Diego.
    It is? Where exactly is the city boundary in this area, then? I couldn't figure it out with any accuracy, but as I said, I was always thinking it was on or near the road bridge.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick

You are right about the bridge renovation. City of San Diego fixed "their" bridge down by the lagoon a while ago.

City of Del Mar is renovating the old bridge right now. You can see the construction in the newest tag.

I always believed the boundary was between the two bridges but that is solely based on my readings of the articles on the whole bridge project back and forth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans

bikingbill:I tagged in in SD Bike-O-Rama. Technically it's in the city of San Diego.
    Both San Pasqual and San Ysidro are both City of San Diego also. Go figure.:face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2012

As is Via de la (sic) Valle east of I-5 to El Camino Real.
    • CommentAuthorbossvoss
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012

Since I'm not sure whether bikingbill is claming this tag, wanted to point out the boundaries as stated in the opening post: "South of Camp Pendleton, West of I-5, North of Carmel Valley Road"
    It does not matter whether is is San Diego or Del Mar for NC Bike-o-rama.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick

Meant to claim this on the ride in today and forgot, yet again...

This stupid construction zone has me so distracted. I am so focused on threading myself into the stream of traffic that I miss the stop. Usually I remember when I head up the hill on the other side of the valley. Crud!

And in the evening it is on the wrong side of the road and it is dark.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012 edited

bossvoss:Since I'm not sure whether bikingbill is claming this tag...
    Bill's image is an archived image and it is therefore not a valid claim. That probably wasn't his intent when he posted it, either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

I wasn't trying to claim it. Just pointing out that it was a location used in the SD Bike-O-Rama contest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012

At last I remembered to stop and take a shot

New tag will go up tomorrow morning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2012

Allright, here is the next tag. Hope it won't last as long as the previous one.

All hands on deck!

•  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

This one even I could do!
    It wouldn't be fair if bikingbill walks his bike from his nearby office to claim the current tag. So let's see who else can claim this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

markphilips:It wouldn't be fair if bikingbill walks his bike from his nearby office to claim the current tag. So let's see who else can claim this one.

I'm giving you all time to do this because, yes ... it's very close to my office.