Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorAlanKHG
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2011 edited

I recently got a Bluetooth bike speaker thing, and the same site I got it from is selling it again for pretty cheap today.
    http://sellout.woot.com/

I quite like it so far. It's decently loud and clean, but not loud enough to block out traffic and doesn't have too much bass.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2011 edited

So what do you play when you ride into traffic?

Wagner's "Ritt der Walküre" full-blast :face-monkey:

I love the smell of bike oil in the morning. Smells like victory.
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2011

Charlie don't ride! Actually he did ride on the Ho Chi Minh Trail. No exhaust signature made him invisible to infra-red sensors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle

AlanKHG:I recently got a Bluetooth bike speaker thing, and the same site I got it from is selling it again for pretty cheap today.
    http://sellout.woot.com/

I quite like it so far. It's decently loud and clean, but not loud enough to block out traffic and doesn't have too much bass.

awesome find! i have been looking for something like this now for a while...
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

Does the bike speaker thing work with the 'native' bluetooth of the iPhone4? Or does it have it's own 'dongle'?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

The blue-tooth device on sale is compatible with the protocol used in Apple's devices, such as newer gens of iPhones and Touches.

There is also an "iPod" version of the device that requires a "dongle" (included) connected to the iPod.

At MSRP of $140 and Amazon price of $90, I figured $30 couldn't be too out of line: Thanks for the heads-up, Alan!
    • CommentAuthorAlanKHG

This looks like a slightly different model from the one I have, but the specs make it look like this one comes with an Apple dongle as well as working with Bluetooth, which I use with my Android phone.
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2012 edited

Found this JammyPack at Graffiti Beach (which now occupies the old VeloCult space in south park). It uses 4 AA batteries, connects via audio jack to your music player or phone. The speakers are detachable from the fannypack. Online it was $65 but on sale at the store for $48. It's louder than my other small portable speakers and the sound quality is much better.

ABOUT
    JammyPack is a fist-pumping, high-kicking, retro, throwback speaker bag that easily connects to any iPod, mobile phone, mp3/cd player, hand held game or multi-media device. It most closely resembles what some people call a “Fanny Pack”. We ask: What’s a Fanny Pack? This is JammyPack!

SOUND
    Absolutely, the highest-quality, water-resistant, silver stamped magnetic, open source, mini-speakers; boosting 3W of stereo-amplified beats per speaker. Engaging in the highest qualified range; volume with quality.

MATERIAL
    High-density, woven, rigid material (600D Poly) that form fits to your waist to give the owner maximum support; necessary for any dance-off. Projecting sound upwards at the crowd; not a beat is lost.

POWER
    Powered by a single USB connection to a 4 x "AA" batteries in a box (included) that will provide 6-10 hours of non-stop, block-rockin' beats. The genius of the USB power supply allows your JammyPack to work with your home/office CPU, laptop, or iPod/iPhone wall connection.
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2012 edited

I've been looking for a quick charger for my mobile phone for long rides and I just discovered that I can use the JammyPack battery pack using a USB to mini or micro USB connector. Now I don't have to worry about the smart phone loosing power on my long rides for checking Googlemaps navigation and train times, playing music, taking photos, etc. The speakers were loud enough for me and my family. It also provided people on the PB boardwalk some good head turning tunes.
    IMG03867-20120721-1523.jpg