Not signed in (Sign In)
    Hey,
    I'm going somewhere that they don't allow phone in the facility and I kinda don't want to leave my phone at home as it is a long bike ride and I enjoy my music. Can you guys help me with any ideas as how I can hide my phone on my bike??? or any bags that I can use???

Lucky Penny
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011

The little bags that go on the top tube will work:

• CommentAuthorthom

If you mean how do you leave it *securely* when your bike is parked in a non-secure situation (like standard sidewalk or unguarded rack parking), I'm not really sure that there's a good answer to that. Tape it or affix it somehow on the underside of the saddle is my best suggestion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick

Usually, places that don't allow cell phones have some sort of check at security or the front desk. Have you asked?
    yes I did ask, they don't have such a check. Which is why I have asked for help on here.
    okay I guess I will have to improvise...
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle

tall socks + pants = awesome ?
    • CommentAuthorlucky.penny
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011 edited

nope they have metal detector. There is no possible way of taking it in the building.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011 edited

1) Wrap the phone in a dirty chain rag / sock
    2) Affix the package somehow and in an inconspicuous manner to the top of the seat rails
    3) Hope for the best
    Sigurd that sound like a good idea, maybe put my dirty laundry in the crate and some rags and maybe no one will even look.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick

If your phone is small enough, maybe one of the little key-safe thingies the surfers use for their keys and IDs. They lock them to the tow hitch.
    I've seen some fairly big ones.

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-5400D-Set-Your-Own-Combination/dp/B0002YP1VC/ref=pd_cp_hi_0
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans

When I hit the beach, I usually ditch my phone and wallet in bushes near by. If there are people around, I just sit down and take a sip out of my water bottle while ditching my gear with the other. Never had a problem.