Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorProtorio
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2011 edited

I know that quite a few of us have ridden with SDR over the last season or two. If you have, there's preliminary work within SDR toward an order of Woolistic jerseys for the club. Both women's men's long and short sleeve. Some SDR folks are riding P-B-P, and there's a chance an order might be filled before then (end of August).

They're slated to be three color panels - navy (bottom)-white (chest panel)-molteni orange (top), with a very basic "San Diego Randonneurs" across the white panel on the chest. Mock-ups to come. Three well known Woolistic jerseys can be seen here.

Sizing can be gleaned from the Woolistic site. Your Velo Cult jersey is Woolistic, so sizing will stay the same.

These will be great, especially riding and participating in randonees out of town.

If your interested, please whisper to me (I'll pass it on), or chime in on the sdrando google group. Typically, the ways these rando jersey orders go is that you should have participated in one of their events to get the jersey. I dont' know if that's set in stone. Seems cool to me if you at least aspire to ride a randonee. If you haven't yet, there're still three events this year - including the relatively flat San Clemente 200K.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2011

Looks like XXL for me :-)

I'd love to have one. I did complete the Rainbow 200 ... so why not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

Protorio:...preliminary work within SDR toward an order of Woolistic jerseys for the club.
    In.
    • CommentAuthoreaton

Good suggestion on the orange.
    • CommentAuthorProtorio
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2011

For those of you interested, I've whispered Wayne's email address to you, so its best to contact him directly... but others can check out the discussion on this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/sdrando/browse_thread/thread/29312035060a89a1

Esteban
    • CommentAuthormichael_s
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011

I just joined this forum but have been lurking for a while. Have a place in Carlsbad, will move there this fall. Also planning on doing some of the SD Randonneurs rides this fall. And I'd love to get a Woolistic SDR jersey. ( maybe both short and long sleeve)

~mike
    • CommentAuthorProtorio
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2011

The SDR jersey is a go - orders need to be in by Friday at 5pm.

http://groups.google.com/group/sdrando/browse_thread/thread/d3d8f0a4f4a97e67

-Esteban
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2011

Done.

Deadline for ordering and payment today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2011

I ordered one as well. Went for the XXL just to be sure.
    • CommentAuthorProtorio
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011 edited

Wow - I heard there were 53 orders. That's great for randonneuring in San Diego!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011

Protorio:...I heard there were 53 orders.
    That's an incredible response!

• CommentAuthoreaton

bikingbill:I ordered one as well. Went for the XXL just to be sure.
    Me too. A Voler xl club cut fits me well but after people on the email list started saying Woolistic jerseys run small, I changed my order.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

eaton:
    bikingbill:I ordered one as well. Went for the XXL just to be sure.
    Me too. A Voler xl club cut fits me well but after people on the email list started saying Woolistic jerseys run small, I changed my order.

If you've seen me, it will make sense.

I'm pretty sure I'm one of the largest riders to climb Kitchen Creek :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2011

Word is that the jerseys are ready. Once received from Woolistic, they will be distributed to those who ordered.
    • CommentAuthormfutch
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2011

I'm excited for the jersey to arrive. Anybody else planning on sporting the new threads during the Sep 10 Rollers to Bonsall brevet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2011

mfutch:Anybody else planning on sporting the new threads during the Sep 10 Rollers to Bonsall brevet?
    Nah, feeling too lazy: I guess you are going?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2011

mfutch:I'm excited for the jersey to arrive. Anybody else planning on sporting the new threads during the Sep 10 Rollers to Bonsall brevet?

If I get them on time :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2011

Got mine today - awesomeness!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

Got it. Good thing I ordered the XXL. Cut small.
    • CommentAuthormfutch

Stoked!

I think I'm probably on the cusp between a L and XL. I went with the XL and am happy I did...I think a L would have been a little too snug for my taste. Makes me want to go for a long ride...
    • CommentAuthorProtorio
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2011 edited

These are great! This is a nice consolation prize after I was knocked out of Rollers to Bonsall by food poisoning.

Instant classic
    • CommentAuthormfutch
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2011

This is my first wool jersey, any wool vets have recommendations on caring for it?

Much obliged!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

mfutch:This is my first wool jersey, any wool vets have recommendations on caring for it?
    Wool is an amazingly low-maintenance material, and I think you will find that your wool jerseys need cleaning a lot less frequently than other fabrics you may wear such as cotton or synthetics.

When a wash is needed, hand wash in lukewarm water. Make sure to use a detergent that contains no enzymes, as enzymes tend to eat holes in wool. Spin on gentle, lay flat on a towel to dry: That's about it!
    • CommentAuthorProtorio

I usually wash cold. Don't put it in the dryer! Hang/lay dry. I typically get 5-8 long/hard rides between washes. If you're commuting, it could probably last longer. Smell test. Wool goes a long way!

A good wool primer from Rivendell.

Also - and this is important - don't load down the rear pockets or it will stretch - especially with the lighter weight SS jerseys. I usually carry little to nothing in my pockets. That's why I have a frame pump and/or sensible baggage on the bike.
    • CommentAuthormichael_s
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2011

Just got mine too. Very nice colors, the orange is kind of a pumpkin, too bad I don't have an xo-1 to go with it.

I missed the Rollers to Bonsall Brevet as well due to food poisoning! Got it the Friday eve of the ride. Still not all well.

Have to wait for the 1st Brevet of the new year now to fly the colors.

~mike
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2011 edited

mfutch:This is my first wool jersey, any wool vets have recommendations on caring for it?
    Just checked the label now - it says:

"Use Woolmark Approved Detergent (Ivory Snow)"

So that's what I will be using for mine.

• CommentAuthorbossvoss
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2014

SDRando Greg Olmstead is doing another wool jersey order. See this thread for details:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sdrando/hWx5KziFSrI

As noted above, sizing tends to run small.
    • CommentAuthorbossvoss
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2015

A new thread has been started on the SDRando google group about putting together a wool jersey order. Apparently they found a different vendor that does not have a minimum order requirement (which derailed this process last time). Note that this is a different design then the previous blue, orange, and white. Personally I like the old design better and am not sure I want the new one.
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sdrando/VrGaWOy2rXs
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

Agreed - I, too, like the old one better. So I am glad I have one, although I haven't worn it even once this winter, due to the mild temperatures we had.
    • CommentAuthorgottobike

Is there any place in San Diego that carries Kookaburra (Wool)Wash?
    http://www.kookaburraco.com/wash_buynow.htm
    • CommentAuthorgottobike
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2015 edited

Is there any place in San Diego that carries Kookaburra (Wool)Wash?
    http://www.kookaburraco.com/wash_buynow.htm