Not signed in (Sign In)
    So some of you may have seen some of the paintings I was doing for a while that were inspired by bikes, this is what I've been doing to try and keep that going in one way or another.

So, some friends and I started a new art endeavor called Brake Free Clothing. We aren’t looking to make a bunch of money, we were mainly trying to have a way to produce bike art that would be somewhat self funding.

I create all the designs and print them myself by hand at a friends studio here in San Diego. The idea was to create art specifically for people like us that are into bikes. One of the designs is actually from the original PDX painting I did.

If you like it awesome, if you want to order a shirt even better, if you hate it, that’s cool too. But, we are trying to spread the word about what we’re doing as much as possible so we can keep doing it. So if you dig it, “like” us on facebook and check out our site and all that stuff.

I will be at the velodrome swap meet this Sunday so come say what’s up if you want, we’ll have shirts and prints and stuff for sale but either way it would be cool to meet some of you guys and girls that I haven't already.

Here are some links if you want to check it out:

www.BrakeFreeClothing.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brake-Free-Clothing/294932087184542?sk=wall
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011

BRAVO! those look beautiful!
    Thanks pac, it was a bit of a learning experience. They didn't all come out the way I wanted but I'm pretty happy with the result.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVelo Cult

Cool. Screen printing is fun.
    Thanks, I'm hoping to learn more and get more intricate with new designs but you're right, it is quite a lot of fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVelo Cult

Are you screening them yourself?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsykkelspruce
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011 edited

I am, my friend is allowing me to use his studio to do all of them. I just finished all the girls tees before work today. Quite a bit of work when you do it all yourself. But it was cool learning how to burn screens and stuff.
    Kinda a cool update I wanted to share with you guys. Visual Art Supply (2 blocks east of BLAH on adams) is going to start carrying some Brake Free T-Shirts. I haven't been pushing the clothes stuff too much since I've been more focused on art stuff but I'm pretty stoked to be in a SD shop now.