Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2014

As the year is coming to an end, this thread is for any milestones and goals you would like to share.
    Thanks, this made me look. Introspect is healthy :)
    I found I was a consistent rider. Pretty much same mileage and # of rides as last year, and only apx 75k more total ascent.
    My goal is 7000 miles, and 500k total ascent, both should be attainable at my current pace.

Strava help?
    Is there a way to see previous years total ascent without adding up 12 months?
    I there a way to see commute vs.pleasure miles?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2014

Shut Up Legs:Strava help?
    Not that I know of.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2014 edited

Shut Up Legs:Thanks, this made me look. Introspect is healthy :)
    I found I was a consistent rider. Pretty much same mileage and # of rides as last year, and only apx 75k more total ascent.
    My goal is 7000 miles, and 500k total ascent, both should be attainable at my current pace.

Strava help?

veloviewer will show your stats for prior years. (it takes a while to update - that pic is missing my last couple months)
    I didn't record commutes this year, so I'll be well short of 10,000 miles and am still 30k short of 500,000 feet. With structured training my miles were down, but quality was up. Although the totals have decreased, my goals were single events and I'm happy with them.

Sigurd is not mentioning that he hit 800k feet yesterday.

photo vv-1.png
    Thanks Paul, Im checking into Veloviewer very interesting. I may as well stay free on Strava and use Veloviewer pro. It looks like Sigurd is already on it.
    Congrats on your single achievement, what an incredible accomplishment on the SIlver State 508!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2014 edited

Paul:Sigurd is not mentioning that he hit 800k feet yesterday.
    True!
    ---
    For data analysis, Velo Viewer is incredible (remember - the first upload can be time consuming, subsequent syncs are incremental and hence much faster), and you can slice and dice your data every way imaginable.

Amongst other things, I use Velo Viewer to identify Strava segments that I can improve on: Obvious low-hanging fruit include segments with relatively few riders, and where my current position is in some lower percentile (or non-existent). :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2014

I didn't Strava commutes this year, so I don't know if my miles are down or up. This is almost all training/events. I know I hit 500k in feet, much later this year (yesterday.) If I do 3 or 4 hundred thousand this week, I can catch Sigurd.

• CommentAuthorT

I didn't get an iPhone (and Strava app) till March 2014, but my Jan - Mar numbers weren't much anyway ...

2014:
    Year-to-Date
    Distance 560.1 mi
    Time 63h 23m
    Elev Gain 20,764 ft
    Rides 78

Here's to hopefully many more road and MTB rides in 2015! (hopefully with an Xtracycle at the end of the year, since my baby will be born in March!)
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic

Swim: 125h 13m - 413082 Yd
    Bike: 675h 44m 35s - 9424.92 Mi
    Run: 667h 39m 48s - 4536.58 Mi
    Jump Rope: 6h 01m
    Rollerblade: 2h 40m
    Rowing: 18m 16s
    Skating: 55m
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

synthetic:
    So presumably, all the duplicate rides and runs that you are uploading to Strava all the time have been adjusted for?
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2014

Sigurd:
    synthetic:
    So presumably, all the duplicate rides and runs that you are uploading to Strava all the time have been adjusted for?

that is off my main log and not strava. I have 3 logs;

beginnertriathlete.com
    garmin connect
    strava

I dont know why garmin is confusing my wife's workouts and putting them under strava as me.
    • CommentAuthorShady John
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2014 edited

Final stats for 2014 vs 2013 (from Strava)

Year 2014 2013
    Distance (mi) 4,487 3,327
    Time (hr:min) 412:14 299:44
    Elev Gain (ft) 393,862 265,038
    Rides 307 266
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2015

Great year, John: Of all the cycling memories I have from 2014, our trip to Catalina ranks way up there!
    Yes, that was a great trip!