The date has been announced.
    Rad
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012

FYI- Tucson, April 15th.
    • CommentAuthorStephan
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012

Don't know if it matters, but that's Earth Day and so also likely to be the day of Earth Fair at Balboa Park.
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012

They always hold the spring swap meet the day of the Earth Fair. I suspect it is just unwitting bad luck. I seriously doubt that the decision is intentional. They are a one trick pony and live in their own little world, oblivious to what goes on other than Tuesday Night Racing or money making schemes.
    Off hand does anybody know if the vendor pricing is the same?
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012

No changes that I am aware of this time. I'll keep you posted.
    cool thanks.
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2012

I'll be selling a his/hers pair of root beer color mid-'70s Schwinn Continental 10 speeds in pristine garaged condition. $280 for the pair to sd bike commuter friends. Not sold individually.

If I can get it back from a friend who borrowed it, I also have an '84 Cilo Vitus with Dura-Ace. Fast and stiff bonded aluminum, Wolber tubular rims, $400.

Size 38 Taurus motorcycle leathers $100.

Size 33 waist Levi's jeans, made in USA, $10, black, white, and distressed blue.

Size 31 waist vintage floral and striped trousers, $20.

Size 31 waist Trash & Vaudeville black jeans, $20.

Various vintage Paisley shirts from my collection. I'm getting rid of everything that no longer fits.
    • CommentAuthorShady John
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2012

Sold two bikes for a total of $110. Paid $15 to get in. Got the following stuff for $60:

UCSD water bottle
    2 other water bottles
    2 michelin 26 x 1-1.5” tubes
    Titec grips
    Profile bottle carrier + 4 cages
    3 jars of bolts
    Spoke wrench (multiple)
    v brake noodles
    2 park cone wrenches
    Giant aero bottle cage holder
    Bontrager select stem, 120 mm 10 degree rise
    31.8 mm QR seat collar
    2 T shirts (GT and Mongoose)
    Cap

Tempted by lots of other stuff but happy that everything I got fits in a backpack. There is now more room in the garage. The two bikes that I sold delivered about three man-years of use combined (actually, man/boy-years, since one was my son's old BMX bike) on a total investment/input of about $300 combined. About $70/year to own and operate a bike, not including fuel. Went home with a net $35 in my pocket.
    I was planning on being there with the Brake Free stuff but due to us being understaffed at work I couldn't get off, kinda a bummer but that's life. Hope you guys snagged some good deals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012 edited

I was at Earth Day stuff. Got to test ride a Brompton with an electric conversion (which I did not use, but it looked nice).

Why do they schedule the swap meet on the same day?
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012 edited

I've been instructed not to discuss this on this forum and shall meekly comply. You should ask SW.

I had a great time. Arrived at 6 am to open up and prep the infield. Started mixing bloody marys at 9. Went through two liters of Polish potato vodka, five bottles of mixer, and a bottle of Tabasco. Cleared out about 6 pm. What a party! Even made $200.

Brought the '86 Colnago MTB I just finished to ride around. People kept asking how much I was asking for it. I told them $3,000 and they lost interest.

Still have the his/hers pair of Schwinn Continentals.

Found a NOS Adams Avenue Bicycles kit in my size, bibshorts and jersey. Also NWT Colnago bibshorts for $78.
    bikingbill:I was at Earth Day stuff. Got to test ride a Brompton with an electric conversion (which I did not use, but it looked nice).

Why do they schedule the swap meet on the same day?

Just curious as to which dealer did you try out the electric Brompton? Was it white?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012

Kind of bummed that I didn't pursue the Lynskey ti cross bike.
    Was having trouble concentrating due to an eye problem/fatigue. Oh well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

bikingbill:Why do they schedule the swap meet on the same day?
    wpstoll:I've been instructed not to discuss this on this forum and shall meekly comply
    Perhaps too many other events taking place on spring weekends in San Diego to find one when there are no conflicts.

Or perhaps just plain poor planning.

:face-monkey:
    • CommentAuthorHMeins

Better be careful! Someone might put up a website containing libelous misinformation about you! %^)=)
    I missed the swap last weekend. Perhaps it was best. So I didn't have to get spend $$$. Hans helped me find an 165mm Ultegra 53/39 crankset for one of my projects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012

Hmmm... Heading over to the Velodrome in the morning, and was surprised that there ad been no mention of the autumn meet here.

I'm heading over early and will have my van nearby if anyone picks upa bike and needs a way to haul it. Give me a ring.
    See you there.
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012 edited

Actually the fall swap meet was mentioned in Local events thread few times.

posted Oct 24th
    Stephan:Speaking of swap meets, I heard today the fall Velodrome swap meet will be November 4th.

Posted Oct 30th
    markphilips:

Velodrome swap meet this Sunday Nov 4th
    http://sdvelodrome.com/swap-meet/

•  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012 edited

I know some of us already shared what we found at the swap meet.

Below is what we came home with: Two Bern Helmets and Topeak Trolley Tote for Gena, a small Timbuktu messenger bag for me and two leather handle bar grips.

Untitled

Suniheather scored a green canvass Linus pannier
    jacobk scored a red BikeFriday family tandem

Did anybody pickup the Origin 8 canvass saddle bag?
    • CommentAuthorjacobk

markphilips:jacobk scored a red BikeFriday family tandem

Yep! Pretty happy about that one.

Also picked up some campagnolo t-shirts, a 26" wheelset with phil-wood style cartridge bearing specialized hubs, a chain saver for 1xN drive train setups, and a 6-speed 700c wheelset and some nitto bars/stem+brake levers for a project.

It was very hot at the velodrome today, but I had a great time. I wish the swap meet happened every month, but I suppose twice a year is better for my wallet.
    Does anybody know where else could we go for bike swap meets in SoCal?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul

There was one in LA set up by Velo Love (Swrve) last week or so but there are others.
    markphilips:Does anybody know where else could we go for bike swap meets in SoCal?

I picked up that new Masi fixed by the entrance for a pittance. Sale benefited the Velo Youth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012

tons of stuffs! found a lot of really good deals... got like 5 bibs, 4 jerseys & a jacket, seat bag, bar tape, couple pairs of socks & a took kit all for under 90$ pretty stoked, i will be warm & comfortable throughout the winter :D lol, fancy lookin too!
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012 edited

Some photos of bikes at the Veloswap. Did you see it?

Nobilette Tandem
    Untitled

Prestine Nishiki Paramount
    Untitled

Miyata Mixte with Olive powder coat, Shimano 600 components
    Untitled

Davidson track bike
    Untitled

BikeE Tandem
    Untitled
    • CommentAuthorjacobk
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012

markphilips:Nobilette Tandem
    Untitled

Steph and I were drooling over that Nobilette. This seller always has a good selection of interesting vintage stuff. We actually bought that framed Schwalbe print in this picture at the very end of the day.

I should have taken more pictures of bikes for sale, somebody was also selling a rough looking but nice Holdsworth (he had some wool jerseys and other nice parts too) and I also saw a beautiful 70s Schwinn Paramount.