Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2012 edited

Ok! We are doing another Alpine Brewery Ride!!

Let's meet at the original Lestat's Coffee House on Adams and Felton @ 8:45am.

The route is very similar to what we did in January that mfutch put together. In fact, I stole his map and edited his route a bit. It was a great ride so why mess with it! The only difference is we stay straight on Harbison Canyon Rd. instead of taking a left on Dehesa.

Route here

I'm bringing two folks that are fully capable (good bikes and fit) but aren't familiar with longer rides and perhaps what's necessary to bring. That's why I'm mentioning this... Don't forget an extra tube or two, tire levers, become familiar with changing a tube, plenty of water, snacks, comfortable riding apparel, etc. Also, remind newer riders to eat and drink water while riding. Commonly forgotten!

See everyone at 8:45am. Looking forward to it!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2012

I might come along, unless I settle for just the old hill climbs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity

Sigurd:I might come along, unless I settle for just the old hill climbs.
    I love me a Soledad Ramble but I'd honestly like to do something a little more long distance. I've never done the Los Penasquitos Loop or the GWW (loop...whatevs) so I threw those out there. I'm kinda leaning towards an Alpine Run because that was real fun last time but I'm up for something totally new too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2012 edited

Longer would be fine, too!
    • CommentAuthormfutch

I'd be in for the Alpine Run on Saturday. Maybe go up Harbison Canyon instead of Tavern Rd?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2012

It just dawned on me I may be unable to do an all-day ride this Saturday.

So I probably will just do a local ride instead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2012 edited

mfutch:I'd be in for the Alpine Run on Saturday. Maybe go up Harbison Canyon instead of Tavern Rd?
    That sounds fine with me.

So instead of following Dehesa to the right towards Tavern will stay to the left and take Harbison Canyon Rd. towards Arnold Way? Should we come back via Lake Jennings -> Mission Gorge Rd -> Fairmont like last time? I enjoyed going through Mission Gorge.
    • CommentAuthorsd_mike

I'm up for it! Where are we going? Mind you... I don't have a car so will either have to get a ride or ride to the start... if so... who can I ride with?
    • CommentAuthorlisi

I'm in! :face-devil-grin:
    I might be in. Where is the meet-up and what time?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2012 edited

See the first post for ride details...
    • CommentAuthorsd_mike

I'm still in... looks like fun, even if no real new terrain for me. See you there! I may take a small dirt option at Mast / 52, instead of taking the pavement to Mission Gorge.
    • CommentAuthormfutch
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2012

Growler up!
    • CommentAuthorlisi

Decisions, decisions... One growler or two?!
    • CommentAuthormfutch

Two!
    • CommentAuthormfutch

Revived the facebook event for this: http://www.facebook.com/events/197692707007946/
    • CommentAuthorsd_mike
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2012 edited

Sorry for cutting out so early... I was really hoping for a faster ride and a bit more challenge.
    Great ride. Thanks for organizing sveloc / Lisi / Futch. I'll post my photos in daily photos.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012

The Schwinn Lawyer:Great ride. Thanks for organizing sveloc / Lisi / Futch. I'll post my photos in daily photos.
    Good one for sure! Thanks for coming and good meeting you.
    • CommentAuthorProtorio
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2012

You guys made my day. And I really like this kind of social riding - with a healthy pace for conversation, some serious climbing, and a fantastic prize (Alpine Brewing Co.). You guys put the Butterlap in SF to shame. Lets do it again - same pace, same fun, maybe different brewery! Or the same. Regardless, I had a blast. Reminds me of the Riv Rides we used to do more often. I'll have to pull something together this spring.

Esteban
    • CommentAuthormichael_s
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2012

I'd be up for that kind of ride too. I was thinking of joining in but I had another ride planned on the same day. It got cancelled at the last moment.
    Any ride with beer stops planned, maybe a some dirt road riding tossed in, would be a sure winner.

I just moved here permanently a week ago, so I'll keep an eye open for future rides.

mike in South Carlsbad
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2012 edited

Moved from the Daily Photo thread

Photos by The Scwinn Lawyer.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

On the road to Alpine.

Lisi, Futch, and Zach on the road to Alpine.

Jeff and Chris on the way to Alpine.

Dutch, his dad Shelby, Jeff, Esteban, and Zach at Alpine Brewing.

Lisi, Jeff, and Chris at Alpine Brewing.
    Moved this from another thread
    Cecil:Nice shots.
    I see Esteban cut about 12,000 feet of climbing out of his plans :face-devil-grin:
    Moved this from another thread
    Protorio:I did - I missed the climbing (best part of that course), but really, really had a blast!
    • CommentAuthorlisi
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2012 edited

Protorio:You guys made my day. And I really like this kind of social riding - with a healthy pace for conversation, some serious climbing, and a fantastic prize (Alpine Brewing Co.). You guys put the Butterlap in SF to shame. Lets do it again - same pace, same fun, maybe different brewery! Or the same. Regardless, I had a blast. Reminds me of the Riv Rides we used to do more often. I'll have to pull something together this spring.

Esteban

Such a fun ride and great to meet you! Let's do it again soon! Since Futch is going to be out of time for some months, we could definitely use your expertise in planning another ride. :face-devil-grin:
    Looking forwared to more like these!
    • CommentAuthorlisi
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2013 edited

Sorry it's on short notice, but it's that time of the year again for an Alpine Brewery Ride! I missed the last BLAH sponsored Alpine ride last month and have been talking about getting as many of us together as possible for a growler run. Futch is back in town and we should celebrate!

Let's meet as usual at the original Lestat's Coffee House on Adams and Felton @ 8:30am on Saturday, January 5th. Come early for coffee and we'll roll out at 8:45.

Futch is going to put together the route. No riders left behind and we'll regroup at various points if we get a little spread out.

Looking forward to Saturday!
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2013

I'm planning on this and am looking forward to it.

Dumb question...but can I bring any growler or does it have to be an Alpine Brewery branded growler?
    • CommentAuthorlisi
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2013 edited

That's not a dumb question at all, Sam! The growler does have to be an Alpine one. They sell them there so it might save you a few pounds on the ride up! Also, If I can find it, I might have an extra one you can borrow.
    • CommentAuthormfutch
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2013

Have fun everybody. I can't make it this time around.
    • CommentAuthorCurtis
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2013

Count me in. I live in east county and would like to pick up the ride at La Torta in La Mesa.
    • CommentAuthormfutch
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2013

Curtis:Count me in. I live in east county and would like to pick up the ride at La Torta in La Mesa.

Nice! We should be passing by La Torta around 9:15.
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2013

Thought I'd drop a quickie note to thank mfutch for organizing the ride yesterday!

I loved the route to Alpine and back. I was part of the catch-up-at-the-end crew and I apparently wasn't that far behind (30-40 mins). I got split off from the main group on the way up and hooked up with Protorio and blindladyalehouse jeff who showed me an interesting route via Jamacha Blvd and then via Willow Glen Dr including a pitstop at some golf course to refill on water. It was a relief to learn of a new route from Alpine that didn't involve Mission Gorge and the hellish Fairmount. The weather was perfect as was the company. I think there was 25 people or so at the end (?). Randomnly ran into the Evster in Alpine where I got to do my do-gooder deed of the day and save his companion from wasting a cartridge by lending my pump.

Oh. And the beer at Alpine Beer Co. was quite good as well. I got two 22 oz bottles home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2013

Bummed I missed it. Battling a cold plus Dad duties makes it hard to get away for so long. Hopefully next time!