Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorsd_mike
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2012

I'm looking to get up to Oceanside from San Diego on Saturday... and have found a fun looking way. Is Questhaven Road open to cyclists? I know its dirt in places but that isn't an issue. Also curious about access in the Coronado Hills area.
    • CommentAuthorsd_mike
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2012

Looks like I found my answers... through Strava segments... cool! They are open.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2013 edited

Just went thru there yesterday. It's quite lovely! :oD From Harmony Grove end, it's paved for a little while then disintegrates into well graded fine gravel, then turns into a nature trail for bikes, hikers and horses. The nature trail is gated at both ends. No car or motorcyles.
    IMG_2374
    Much of the nature trail is firm enough for 25mm road tires (the dirt is covered in leaves), but there are a couple of short spots where it is too loose.
    IMG_2375
    What a beautiful place to ride through, though! Loved it! Didn't see any ghost or stallion-riding witch. :o) Trail ends at Questhaven Retreat, then it's paved road all the way west.
    IMG_2381

Though I did see a deer from just 10 yds away by the side of the paved road going uphill toward San Elijo. Alas, wasn't quick enough to snap a foto since she sprang right off.