C's 8 lap Snowball
    B's 5 laps + Belgian Win-n-out
    A's Miss-n-out

C's 15 lap Points race
    B's 30 lap Points race
    A's 45 lap Points race
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2012

Watch for fireworks in the men's A snowball! Post what happens!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2012

:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012

Tuesday July 3 Schedule

6:30
    Motorpaced Warm-up,

C-grade 10 lap Scratch race
    B-grade 10 lap Snowball
    A-grade 12 lap Scratch race

C-grade 10 lap Point-a-lap
    B-grade Miss-n-out
    A-grade 12 lap Tempo

C-grade 20 lap Points race
    B-grade 35 lap Points race
    A-grade 50 lap Points race

hope to you see you all there tonight... GO!
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012 edited

Loud drunks are annoying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012

what is the proverbial poo thats about to take flight? ...weather? is it like the raining cats & dogs thing? gah, i hope not!
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012 edited

Grandstand and stairs looking good!
    Last night felt like a reunion. A few us got together for Pizza at the Sicilian Pizza Thing before darting down to the Velodrome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012 edited

wpstoll:The excrement is about to make contact with the rotating ventilator. I hope we can finish off this season before it does. Still have Elite State Championships July 21-22 and three more Saturday Night Lights.
    Why always so negative?

wpstoll:I'll tell you in person next time I see you - too controversial to post here. Let's just say for now that the owner is not happy.

If you can't talk about it on the forum then don't post it in the first place.
    • CommentAuthorModerator
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012

svelocity:If you can't talk about it on the forum then don't post it in the first place.
    You're spot on there, Svelo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2012

no schedule posted for the races tonight... only thing that was said was that there will be a 10 mile race so time during the night. as always though its still gonna be a fine hootnanny & i hope to see you all there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012

i went down & helped throw some new paint the track yesterday... and man is it gonna look good when it's done! the folks that came down got it painted from turn 2 all the way around to the entry gate! considering how few came to volunteer it was a pretty big achievement! & i believe there are more folks down there again today finishing it up... so, if you're free & wanna give back to a place that gives so much to the community, head on down & lend a hand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012

YAAAAAAYYY TUESDAY! & tonight is Madison night! For anybody that hasn't seen these kind of races it really is something special to see... it takes a HUGE amount of skill and trust in your teammate! And holyhots%#! they are fun to watch! See ya at the track folks...

Motor paced warm up

C's 8 lap Point a lap
    B's 9 lap Scratch
    All Slow Race

C's Unknown distance
    B's 10 lap Tempo
    40 lap Madison

C's 15 lap Points race
    B's 30 lap Points race
    70 lap Madison
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012

There is some question about whether or not there will actually be racing on the new paint.
    See you down there nonetheless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2012

YEEEEEEEEE HAW!

Tuesday July 24th Schedule

Motor paced warm up

C's 7 lap Scratch
    B's 9 lap Scratch
    A's 10 lap Snowball

C's 8 lap Snowball
    B's 6 laps + Belgian Win-n-out
    A's 18 lap Scratch

C's 15 lap Points race
    B's 30 lap Points race
    A's 45 lap Points race
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2012

also... a pretty rad story on Sarah Hammer, who some of you might remember her racing (or rather owning the hell outta everyone) at TNR for a couple of weeks earlier this season. she's in London now for the Olympics! in a few days we can watch her kick the crap outta the rest of the world on national TV! GO HAMMER!!!

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jul/22/cyclist-hammer-hopes-her-olympic-time-now/
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2012

i wasn't sure where to post this... so many other threads it could fit in, but i think it's most appropriate here!
    The Chemical Brothers - 'Theme For Velodrome' A pinging dance track for the Olympics

'Here’s a thing about the Olympics. It’s basically moved artists that usually write about songs about love or parties to switch their artistic focus to things like jumping and defeating other countries. Take this from The Chemical Brothers, which is basically a pinging dance track about men chasing each other on tiny bikes wearing super-tight clothes.'
    http://www.nme.com/reviews/the-chemical-brothers/13472

not that i'm a big chemical brothers fan, but this totally reminds me of Autobahn by Kraftwerk... and Kraftwerk is awesome! velodromes too...
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2012

sorry this is a lil late... woke up at the asscrackOdawn to get outta work on time for the RACES TONIGHT!!!

TNR schedule tomorrow for A and B's
    Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin Keirin.
    Regular racing for C's
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012

here is a great pic my friend Jessica took from last nights TNR... enjoy :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2012

ZOOOOOM!
    A's 12 lap at TNR
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2012

YIPPIE-YIPPY-YAY! hot nights, cold beer, good friends... what more reason do you need to come out & play!?!

Tuesday August 14th Schedule:

Motorpaced Warm-up,
    C-grade 8 lap Tempo
    B-grade 10 lap Scratch
    A-grade 12 lap Tempo

B-grade 12 lap Tempo
    A-grade 5 laps + Belgian Win-n-out

All Slow Race

A-grade 10 mile Scratch race

i <3 the slow-race! always a good laugh...
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2012

Everett Hauser in puppet format
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2012

finally! TNR... people, get your pannies in an uproar, it's madison night!!!!
    A stellar night for racing. I need to get out there and check it out. It sounds like fun.

===== ====

Keep looking up.

OKB

•  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012

Old Knotty Buoy:A stellar night for racing. I need to get out there and check it out. It sounds like fun.

you do! not too much time left in the season either, so jump on it while its there... its huge fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2012

This is usually PacMUle's job but since I was looking at the FB site I thought I'd post it!

Tuesday August 28th Racing Schedule

Motor paced warm up

C's 7 lap Scratch
    B's 9 lap Scratch
    A's 10 lap Snowball

C's 8 lap Snowball
    B's 5 laps + Belgian Win-n-out
    A's 15 lap Scratch

C's 15 lap Points race
    B's 30 lap Points race
    A's 55 lap Points race

Schedule subject to change
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2012

sweet! hope to see you there tonight :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2012

no schedule posted as of yet today... but there are only 4 more TNR's. SO GET YOUR ASSES DOWN HERE & HAVE SOME FUN!!! if anyone is riding from further up north i'll be leaving mira mar at 6:30... hit me up if you wanna meet along the way
    Missed you tonight PM. Get held up at work?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2012

na, was runnin a lil late & ended up watching from the bleachers by the ball field with a friend and ate chicken. by the time i walked into the track they rang the bell for the last lap of the last race. but i guess the two guys that came in 1st & 2nd lapped the field... pretty brutal!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2012

wow, they posted early :) i on the other hand wont be there till late unfortunately :(...

Tuesday September 11th Schedule

Motorpaced Warm-up
    C-grade 8 lap Tempo
    B-grade 10 lap Scratch
    A-grade 12 lap Tempo

B-grade 12 lap Tempo
    A-grade 6 laps + Belgian Win-n-out

All Slow Race

A-grade 10 mile Scratch race
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012

LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR FIX! thats right folks... the season is over after tonight :( so come one come all! tonight is going to be AWESOME!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2012

how awesome was it? you'll never know till you go, and all i'm saying is that i had soooooo much fun last night! thats all she wrote folks... till next year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2012

Good times indeed!
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013

2013 Schedule of events is POSTED!
    Anybody here going to be racing this season?
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013

I'll be starting out doing some Friday Night Racing then progressing to the big league TNR hopefully.
    I will be spectating lots - mainly cheering for lots o' AAB crew: Julian, Kermit, Bruce, Lisi, et al. !

See y'all 4/9!
    VeloCafé:I'll be starting out doing some Friday Night Racing then progressing to the big league TNR hopefully.

I'm hoping to do the same although it's much harder for me to take a friday night off. I had to delay the track classes until April 29th due to a trip but I'll still have some time to do some racing after the classes are over I hope. I may try to go right into the 2nd round classes and race when I can.

I actually go out of town the next morning after opening night so I'll be there for sure but I'll be missing the week after most likely.
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2013

My two cents on TNR so far this year, and this goes for any racing event any night / day of the week.

Smoking is illegal in Balboa Park. If you feel the urge to smoke while at the velodrome; do other spectators and especially the racers a favor and walk behind the bathrooms to do your smoking. It has been bad since opening day and last night it boiled over to a near confrontation in the stands during and after the races.

As a rider of the velodrome myself I can tell you no racer wants to come sprinting around turn 4 huffing and puffing for air only to ride into a flume of cigarette and pot smoke. These are athletes, some of them are actual Olympians.

Leave the stands and go behind the bathrooms if you must smoke. If you can't do this - don't come to the velodrome.

This is a free event. They don't need or want you if you aren't going to respect the riders on the track.

I've heard SDVA is looking at taking action if it continues. So please spread the word, remind your friends, and if someone is smoking ask them to take it elsewhere. Don't let a few bad apples ruin TNR.
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013

If they had velodromes in the 1800s. With our own DustinAirHead
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And a big thanks to everyone respecting the smoking issue. I and everyone else appreciate your efforts to leave the stands to do your business.
    I want a rematch.
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2013

DustinAirHead:I want a rematch.

How do you transport that thing from your home? How does it handle San Diego's hills?
    Sam:
    DustinAirHead:I want a rematch.
    How do you transport that thing from your home? How does it handle San Diego's hills?

well last night my friend gave me a ride in his pickup over to mission hills bikes. Then we rode to the ttrack. I got to go down university on it. And then back up it this morning on my way to the ferry to go to work.
    The short answer. It does a lot better than you might think. But I won't be attacking Texas on it any time soon
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2013

June 4th Schedule: Endurance Night

6:30PM Motor Paced Warm Up

B 18 Lap Scratch
    B+ 18 Lap Scratch
    A 24 Lap Scratch
    B 45 Lap Points
    B+ 45 Lap Points
    A 60 Lap Points

Let's hope this week is much more uneventful than last. Speedy recovery to Steve Ladeby and the others injured in the crashes.

For the spectators, I will debut my two home brews. One a Saison and the other a Cali Pale Ale.
    • CommentAuthorCRACKERJACK
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2013 edited

I was there last week from about 7 to 730. Missed all the crashes. Probably be back tomorrow, was pretty fun to watch. On a side note, as a huge beer supporter, its lame I watched every bottle cap get thrown on the ground and two bottles thrown in the bushes while there. Definitely a small punk rock gone wrong group there.
    • CommentAuthorslomaro3.4
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2013

markphilips:I was there last week and enjoyed the warm up laps. But I heard somebody crashed Last night.

From what I understand she passed away today. It really is a sad moment for everyone in the area involved in cycling.
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2013 edited

Yes, Jackie Dunn succumbed to her injuries from the crash last night and has passed away. There are few words but as many others have said; we are a strong and close knit community. We've come together to support one another in times of tragedy and we will continue to do so. There will be a memorial ride this Saturday from Coronado. I'll post more when I get home.

We live and ride to remember those whose passions and spirt we share. Pedal on.
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2013 edited

Here's brief news coverage: LINK

Info on Jackie's memorial ride this Saturday: LINK

And a memorial fund to help her surviving family with medical and funeral expenses if you're so inclined: LINK
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014

Hoping Mother Nature doesn't April Fool's us for TNR opening night!