Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2012 edited

A few members of this forum wanted to "reboot and re-ignite" the Tuesday social ride. And we have agreed to use this forum and Facebook page to make use of the SDBikeCommuter discount program or at least promote it.interactive map

Meet between 5:45 pm and leave ~6:15 pm at the big fountain in front of the Ruben Fleet Science center in Balboa Park
    Destination is to be decided by attendees to accommodate diverse riding abilities.
    Think of it as a downtownies ride on a Tuesday afternoon.
    Any forum member can lead the social ride and suggest a destination.

This is optional: Remember to take advantage of the SDBikeCommuter discount program merchants listing and interactive map.

Please spread the word out to other forum members.
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2012

if we only go to SDBC discount providers that would rule out rides to OB, PB, and La Jolla. Great summer destinations with the longer days. Most everything is within a mile radius of the fountain. Perhaps this could be a good way to expand the program by going to new and different locations throughout the city and drum up interest.
    VeloCafé: Perhaps this could be a good way to expand the program by going to new and different locations throughout the city and drum up interest.

Promoting the bike discount is highly encouraged in other parts of San Diego. Since the Tuesday rides bring in up to 32 bicyclists. Most bikey folks prefer to hang out at the Velodrome for TNR after dinner. So it is entirely up to whoever shows up at the fountain.
    • CommentAuthorlisi
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2012

VeloCafé:if we only go to SDBC discount providers that would rule out rides to OB, PB, and La Jolla. Great summer destinations with the longer days. Most everything is within a mile radius of the fountain. Perhaps this could be a good way to expand the program by going to new and different locations throughout the city and drum up interest.

VeloCafe, I appreciate your interest in helping expand the program!! Let me know what ideas you have and please talk up the program when you are out, no matetr what part of town you are riding in. Cecil and Schwinn Lawyer do this and have given me leads or set it up for me so all I had to do was go in and get the paperwork signed. It is very easy to sign people up , but we need help getting the word out. Hope to ride with you soon!
    • CommentAuthorVeloCafé
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2012

lisi: Let me know what ideas you have and please talk up the program when you are out. It is very easy to sign people up , but we need help getting the word out. Hope to ride with you soon!
    Of course I'm partial to the vegan friendly establishments. I'll hit up Litickers and Ranchos in OB and Lean & Green Cafe in La Jolla as soon as I'm back in the saddle. Hopefully that'll be this week sometime. Certainly look forward to riding with you again also. =)