Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012 edited

New thread for a big push in the final week!

Help create a new progressive, effective, and responsive advocacy organization for cyclists in our city. With our ideal climate San Diego should rank among the most bike-friendly cities in the world, if not the US. Let's make this happen now, instead of waiting. Recently we've seen that we can have an influence in choosing who will represent us and it's time to demand that they address our concerns.

Read the proposal and if you agree, kick in a contribution.

Thanks

http://www.indiegogo.com/BikeSD1
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012

Cecil:... kick in a contribution.
    http://www.indiegogo.com/BikeSD1
    Done!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelocity

Done and done! Go Sam!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

Done!
    • CommentAuthorlisi

Did it and will do it again when you need it! Thanks for all you do, Sam!!
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012 edited

Thank you all so much! It means a great deal to have your faith in me and my ability to make this an outstanding success. My head is brimming with ideas and I cannot wait to start implementing them all.

Also thanks to synthetic and Cecil and McLovin and gavilan and Velocafe for their generous donations. And jstech who just showed up in town and still was generous!

There are others, but I don't believe they are on this forum. But thank you to everyone so far who has offered their support! A few of you here stated that you wanted your name and amount donated to be anonymous, so I'm respecting that wish. But please accept my thanks.

I'm so excited!
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012

BTW. Money isn't everything. Ask me, the person who quit a job I loved at an organization I loved to do something that has so far netted me a grand total $0 this year (this mini fundraising effort, aside). And I'm lovin' it. I loved going to D.C. in March to visit our elected reps to put in a word on why bikes matter. I loved going up to Sacramento to tell our elected reps in May that bikes matter. And of course, constantly hammering away at our elected reps here in the City and County that bikes matter.

So I appreciate not just the financial help, but also helping me get the word out, suggestions on how to be a better, awesomer advocate. Also happy to receive grammar corrections on poor sentence structure.

Thank you mucho to everyone who has sent in financial support, verbal support, general good sentiments.

And for all that, a little corny song for you.

• CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2012

We're $70 away from goal! The fundraiser will close in under 15 hours. If we don't meet goal, 9% of funds raised go toward fees. If we meet goal, 4% does.

I've gotten a lot of $10, $20 contributions. So it would be nice to ensure that more funds go toward advocacy than random fees.
    • CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2012

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

To everyone who funded BikeSD's startup costs! Hans was the final donor who came through in a big way. Thank you Hans!

Thank you to everyone (anonymous and not) for your support, both financial and otherwise.

Between yesterday and today, I had 4 very successful meetings with stakeholders, potential partners, allies and I heard some outstanding news that blew me away about the future of SD. I've been sworn to secrecy, but it is very exciting news. To be revealed in a few months (I hope!)

Good things are coming people, VERY good things.