Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2012

fiesta island is used for some TT races, and 6 laps of the big road loop is exactly a perfect 40k time trial(24.8 miles) . So lets challenge ourselves to see who can break the 1 hour barrier! (no group riding, just you and your bike)

Currently at 1:04 (used mapmyrun android app for tracking)
    • CommentAuthorSerge2
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2012

<em>Average </em>24.8 for a <em>full hour</em>??? Way out of my league! I can barely hold that for a few minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2012

i might be down for this... next time i'm out for punishment :)
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic

of our course , I have aerobars on my bike with a seat raised so high my back is almost flat to the sky..... If you can do this in roadbike upright position, you are badass. Next time I do it,definitely will be with music, it helps sooth the soul for those boring, painful 24.8 miles
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd

•  
      CommentAuthorPaul

Come out the next time we do 100 mi on Fiesta. The first time a couple people avg'd 20 for the full pull.
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic

One of my hobbies is sleeping. I avoid riding at dark - most sanctioned races happen in the morning anyways :)

The next fiesta TT (20km) is nov 23, day after thanks giving

http://www.fiestaisland.com/fiestatt/index.php
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

I hope I have the velomobile by then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul

Yes, sleep is good :-) Bill, do they have a category for you? Maybe John Howard has a contraption for it too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

Cecil:Yes, sleep is good :-) Bill, do they have a category for you? Maybe John Howard has a contraption for it too.

I've run all sorts of stuff there. I may even hold the record for "partly faired recumbents". The organizers are cool. Folks have raced fully faired bikes.

My best time was a 31:05 for the 20km in 1999. I'd like to think with a Velomobile I'd break 30.

Yeah, I know ... Shaun Wallace can kick my ass.