Not signed in (Sign In)
    on sunday morning we're riding from tiger!tiger! to pizza port to pick up kegs to bring back and tap. we leave tiger at noon and hope to be back between 4-5pm. 10 people will need trailers/bobs to bring back the kegs. we have a few people riding and a few extra trailers/bobs. know anyone who would want to participate? i know it's the same day as the velo swap, but this is a ride and that's standing around looking at used lycra. anyone want to join in?
    • CommentAuthorPetteri
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2012

I'm game! Plenty of time to drop by at the swap meet in the morning in case I think I need some used lycra...

Anything special needed on the bike to attach a trailer? Both my bikes have a regular quick-release rear wheel and a rack in case that makes a difference. And no trailer hitch. :-P
    Petteri,
    I'll have a couple extra trailers for first come first serve. One just attaches to the frame. One replaces your quick release skewer. The other attaches to your skewer. So, we're got all angles covered. Join us at Tiger!Tiger! to leave at noon. You can attach a trailer (if there's still one left) and ride along.
    Thanks,
    jeff

Note: We welcome anyone who can make the ride there and back. You don't have to pull a keg to join in the fun.
    • CommentAuthorgavilan

Hi, Jeff. What's the planned route for this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans

I'll be up for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPacMUle
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2012

possibly maybe
    not sure on the route. lee is working it out. last time we went down though presidio and hit the river path. then we rolled through downtown and up 6th and through balboa park.

if you are in for sure please email me at jeff@blindladyalehouse.com
    i need to get a list of haulers asap.
    i also need to know if you have your own bob/trailer.

thanks,
    jeff
    good morning. getting excited for the rid?

confirmed haulers:
    kevin, hans, jeremy, jim, lee, jeff, Petteri, andrew & me...

please be at tiger!tiger! ready to go by noon. there will be a number of riders (not haulers) who will all be showing up early for a quick bite to eat and a drink before the ride. please invite non-haulers to join us for the fun. the more riders, the funner.

when we arrive at port ob we will stop long enough for a refreshment and to load the kegs. then we will ride back to tiger!tiger! and hopefully by back before 4pm. according to our promotions the beer will be at tiger! and on tap by 5pm. fingers crossed.

Port Official list:
    ABLE American stout.
    Skidmark brown ale.
    Get wet fresh hop ipa.
    Tarantulas 2.1 black ipa.
    Manbaby fresh hop 2xIPA.
    Bangarang fresh hop pale ale.
    Sharkbite red ale.
    No surf cream ale.
    Jetty ipa.
    Bacon and eggs imperial porter.
    Cheers!

hit me if you have any questions. jeff@blindladyalehouse dot com

over and out,
    jeff
    • CommentAuthorjacobk
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2012

Sounds like a good time! I'm heading to the swap meet in the morning, but if I'm out of there at a reasonable time, I'll try to swing over to T!T! for brunch and tag along on the ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012

I might join in for the outbound leg.

Don't forget that today is Daylight Savings Time change.

• CommentAuthorStephan
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012

The trailers lined up at OB Pizza Port:

By the way, good place for a bike corral.

Kevin loads one in his pannier!

And Hans started with one, but ended up with two kegs

We arrived just in time to chat before the keg-haul party made the return trip

Here is David hauling a keg on his Burley Travoy
    Untitled

The only Bullitt in San Diego (as far as I know) looked empty
    Untitled
    I was hoping to see some bigger kegs like this photo from Sky-High Brewing and Pub

Why pump gas when you can pump your own fuel....
    Paul in Oregon