Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2013

VeloCafe and I were contemplating riding up to the official start, but Sean and Jay will be leading the tour. Visiting some of North County San Diego's newest breweries, a total of 6 over the course of 25 miles on Saturday April 6th, 2013 @ 11am. This is a fun ride, and no you do not have to drink (although some tasting rooms might not admit anyone under 21, so please have your ID ready either way).
    To help pay for this ride, we are selling t-shirts and food. For $20 prepay, you will get a shirt to commemorate the trip and pizza at Port. After March 30th, this goes up to $25. We have also arranged for discounts, and special treatment at each stop, which we'll explain in a later post/newsletter. Help Jay and Sean out and show your appreciation by buying a Shirt & Pizza. This is a non-profit event and group, but it does cost something.
    You will be riding at your own risk, but please be responsible, careful, and mindful of the riders and breweries hosting our revelry. Wear a helmet and have valid ID. Make note of the route just in case you get lost, but keep with a partner and group for best success. Most stops are conveniently located near Bus and Sprinter stops, to make transportation to and from, easier. Although, we highly recommend a friendly, less surly and better looking "automobile" driver for drop off/pick up. We will also have a group doing a full 45 mile loop beginning and ending at Pizza Port Carlsbad. More details to follow in a subsequent post and email in regards to that.
    The route (subject to slight change)

Offbeat Brewing Company - Boasting a sweet tasting room and awesome beer (Girafficopter Session Pale Ale, Deer Grandpa, and Bear Arms, amongst others), make sure not to miss their sweet artwork. Offbeat will mark the beginning of the ride. Located just off Enterprise St, it's no surprise we're starting with these guys. Easily one of the coolest looking tasting rooms around with great bear - typo intended.
    Rip Current Brewing - Who knows what these guys will do next? Another solid new North County brewery, Rip Current is a must-visit...on the bike bro.
    Latitude 33 Brewing Company - Just about to celebrate their first birthday March 9th, and boasting a super coconutty Coconut Rye Stout, Latitude will be our next whistle stop.
    Aztec Brewing Company - or ABC to anyone old or smart enough to remember, is our 4th stop. A personal favorite of Sean's, make sure to try the Hibiscus Wheat Beer, for some awesome pick-me-up ginger quenching greatness.
    Fezziwigs Brewing - Steampunk meets Dan Guy = beer with a New Old twist. Another brand new hidden gem perfectly situated on our route, "Caution this vehicle stops at all breweries".
    Pizza Port Carlsbad/Bottle Shop - Old faithful, you can't get wrong with some Port, and Pizza, and beer. Come, take a load off.

You can go as fast as you'd like, but who's to predict the way the wind will be blowing? For more info, check the FAQs page, read the posts, and get into shape - www.THEFILTHYSAILORS.com
    Sadly I'll have to pass. I'm riding the OC 600 that day because on the Solana Beach 600 I'll be riding the Mt Laguna Classic. Trying to get SR done early so I can focus on track racing for the season.
    Note that Sprinter light rail service suspended due to unexpected repairs
    http://encinitas.patch.com/articles/bus-service-to-replace-sprinter-while-trains-are-fixed
    Hans!!

Very nice of you to post your copy of our newsletter!! Thank you, we appreciate the support.

Yes indeed, ladies & gentlemen, NCIPC-2013A (North County Inland Pub Crawl-2013, first ride!) is set for Saturday, April 6th. This ride is a 25(ish) mile ride, one way, out of Escondido to Carlsbad. 6 microbrewery stops are on the itinerary, check out our route. This is a pleasant, meandering ride through the back roads of the Inland Beer Triangle: VistEscoMarcos
    (or VEM as the locals call it). We are currently sending out weekly newsletters up until the weekend of our ride. Please, stop by Thefilthysailors.com and register to receive our newsletter for the next 3 or 4 weeks. Really. thats all. we'll just send you a flyer once a week. Your information is NOT used anywhere else. We promise. (HarHar!) Oops. Er, I mean Aarrgh!, what a good time we'll have!

This year, we're visiting 5 new breweries not yet visited by our little cycle-jaunts. Well, I should say "not yet visited by You with Us on our bikes!" (Sean, myself and a few other filthy sailors have mapped this and other routes through the county to breweries we get filthy at.)

We are indeed keeping an (single, unpatched) eye on the Sprinter Status, and hope to provide commuter train info if it's running that day. We've planned this route specifically around mass transit in the hope that you will cycle responsibly and use the light rail system if possible to minimize the unnecessary risk of driving when you shouldn't be. I can't

imagine the Sprinter would be down a month from now, its a main blue-collar route to/from work. Keep your fingers crossed !

BUT ALSO KNOW!! This ride has another side......ROUND TRIP. 9ish (tbd) out of Carlsbad Village area. This is a non-stop ride all the way out to the fist brewery, NOT for the non-regular cyclist.

One of the Filthy Sailors is leading a morning ride out to the first Microbrewery, Offbeat brewing Co, a mile or so from some Stone beerplacethingy... to meet the rest of the riders for the brewery section of this ride. SO, register for our (only) 4 week newsletter and get the deets on this 1st leg, non-swaggering ride out to the first brewery.

Thanks! Hope to see you. there.

JayTheFilthySailor
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2013 edited

markphilips:Note that Sprinter light rail service suspended due to unexpected repairs
    http://encinitas.patch.com/articles/bus-service-to-replace-sprinter-while-trains-are-fixed

Here are the Sprinter Express Charter buses schedule

Saturday Schedule

618 SPRINTER Express (View Schedule) pdf

Eastbound begins at 5:33 a.m. and runs until 12:21 a.m.

Westbound service runs from 5:03 a.m. until 11:37 p.m.

620 SPRINTER Express (View Schedule) pdf

Eastbound starts at 5:40 a.m. and ends at 12:40 a.m.

Westbound service begins at 4:45 a.m. and ends at 11:45 p.m.

Sunday Schedule

618 SPRINTER Express (View Schedule) pdf

Eastbound starts at 5:40 a.m. and ends at 9:21 p.m.

Westbound starts at 4:45 a.m. and ends at 10:07 p.m.

620 SPRINTER Express (View Schedule) pdf

Eastbound starts at 5:40 a.m. and runs until 9:40 p.m.

Westbound starts at 4:45 a.m. and runs until 9:45 p.m.

Additionally, BREEZE routes 305 and 318 continue to serve areas surrounding the SPRINTER route.
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2013 edited

I took the Sprinter Charter buses yesterday and found that it could accommodate several bikes under the luggage compartment.

Untitled

Untitled
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2013

A number of us are heading up to unite with Sean and Jay's people at 9:00 Pizza Port Carlsbad and riding to the start in Escondido, if anyone wants to join us there.