Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2013

Hi gang! So... I was out sweeping Rose Creek & OB bike paths again this afternoon. Thought it might be a good idea to make a tread where people can request sweeping or report what was recently swept (then I wouldn't have to ride around looking for problem spots). :oD
    swept Rose Creek BP 3
    Oh, I talked to one of the homeless guys on Rose Creek path. He says he and his friends would like to help keep the path, especially the Garnet Ave underpass (the one in the photo above) clean of debris, but they haven't got any broom. He even wants garden shears to trim the brushes that extend onto the path. I don't know if bringing the dude sharp stuff is a good idea, but if anyone has an old extra broom they'd like to get rid of...
    • CommentAuthorsd_mike

I will gladly offer to help whenever I can... I have a shovel as well I can bring (not sure how I would, but I can).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg

That would be way cool, Mike. Thanks! :oD I'm thinking I might go do Catalina Blvd from the navy base to Cabrillo gate and then back to Canon on Sunday late morning (after 11am). Went thru there last Sunday and saw a spot on a curve where the bike lane is full of little wood thingy that drifted in from the side of the road. Then there're those icky gravel spots along Catalina northbound at driveways, of course (those were the thing that caused the bunch crash that gave me my 12 stitches in the face last year). :oP Will just need a broom for those, I think. :o)
    • CommentAuthorsd_mike

I can use my motorcycle... if need be. I can carry heavier items slightly easier on it. I'm not sure about Sunday though... I'll see how things look when it gets closer.
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2013

This is the place where a group of young men tried to separate me from my Merlin about 13 years ago. They stood across the path when they saw me coming. I clicked up two gears, stood out of the saddle and sprinted toward the center of the group, flailing my elbows like Mark Whitehead, and bowled two of them over. I know that was a mean thing to do and I probably should have stopped and asked them if they needed any help.
    • CommentAuthorStephan
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2016

You should be aware that the Bayshore Bikeway will be undergoing maintenance between Glorietta Blvd. at the tennis courts and Fiddler's Cove on May 18th. Bike traffic will be detoured that day to Silver Strand Blvd (SR 75) while the bikeway is getting a fresh coat of slurry seal.