Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2013

Okay, sorry for the confusion on the date however the permitting process, and getting all the stars to align became a bit much to be downtown this year. PLEASE help spread the word. The ride will be held this year on the 15th, and the start/end location will be Mission Brewery. Downtown at 14th/L Street. This gives us close proximity to the 12th/Imperial Trolley station, many bus routes, 1.7mi from the Santa Fe Coaster stop, and Petco Park's parking lot, for those that will need to be hauling their bikes to the event. Later that evening is the Holiday Parade of Lights on the harbor, for anyone interested, as well! The route will be passing many of the historic structures and locations in the downtown area including the old Wonder Bread Building (Mission Brewery). Thanks again, for your support and check out our website and Facebook page.
    [[_linker_]]
    https://www.facebook.com/sandiegotweed For those not familiar, this is a steel-wool ride. Reminiscent of a bygone era. Although not mandatory, Tweed jackets and dresses/skirts astride old, lugged steel frames are the order of the day. An easy, flat ride accepting of all abilities and ages of riders and pedal powered cycles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2013

Time?
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2013

Meet at 10:30 for "Frühschoppen," then ride at noon. I'll have my new Bill Holland path racer and Jolie will be riding her '80s Austro-Daimler Michelle mixte.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2013

A Brompton with a Brooks is British Enough. I look forward to this.
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013

Track and path bike with fenders and Brooks Professional is a British concept, even though the frame was built in Alpine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013 edited

<blockquote><cite> HMeins:</cite>Track and path bike with fenders and Brooks Professional is a British concept, even though the frame was built in Alpine.</blockquote>

I saw that the other day at Adams Avenue Bikes! such a clean, sleek machine.

Quite alright, not being British. I shall be astride American steel as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013

Should I bring my almost new Brooks B17, in case someone wants to buy it?

(I'm now riding the B67).
    • CommentAuthorCurtis
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013

Depends on the price I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2013

This is one of my favorite pictures from the day. Capturing an event promoting bicycles as a part of life. In the open air, all ages engaged, sharing good times. Here are ladies Eleanor and Chenoa, enjoying the day with pianist, Greg Watson. Thank you, Hayne Palmour IV / UT San Diego (for not only your photography, but being a good sport and hopping on one of the vintage bikes and riding along with us as well!) and all others that made it out this busy time of year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHans

Another shot by Hayne Palmour IV capturing well dressed gentlemen, Tim and Jason on, hands down... the most popular bike at our event.
    Thanks for organizing, Hans. We had a blast.
    • CommentAuthorLucky

You rock Hans! Such a great community building event! Sorry we couldn't make it;(
    •  
      CommentAuthorbikingbill

Awesome fun.
    I had a great time. Thank you Hans and everyone who showed support. Here are the only photos I took.

•  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2013 edited

It was on the UT (online pics click here) next day:

Thank you Turbo Bob for this photo: