Not signed in (Sign In)
    I'm looking for any suggestions on some different rides starting in the uptown area, early mornings weekdays or Sunday morning.
    I'm looking for some no-drop road rides or just some non race, 25-40 miles with a good pace.

Let me know if you guys/gals know of any good ones. I haven't found any yet. Or if anybody here goes out riding and needs a riding buddy hit me up also.

I've been riding with a friend out to different areas on Saturdays which I'll be doing weekly, but otherwise I've been going solo on other days.

Sykkelspruce at gmail
    • CommentAuthorbossvoss
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2014

I have never participated, but I think the Sierra Club offers rides similar to what you described:

Rides are all over the county, but some start in UTC, downtown, Mission Bay, etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg

There is a bike ride out of Cal Coast Bicycles on Adams Ave just east of 30th St at 8 am on Sunday mornings. :o) I usually use that as my recovery ride since they usually go at pretty mellow pace, anywhere from 20-35 miles. I think we are riding to Cabrillo this Sunday, by way of OB bike path and Santa Barbara St to Catalina (pretty gradual climb), and coming back via the Embarcadero to Pershing.

I think MJ's Cyclery on Park Blvd by the Crypt (just south of University Ave) also does a Sunday morning ride. Very very mellow coffee shop sort of ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg

You are also welcome to join the Hillbillies. We go early weekday morning once or twice a week, usually involves a lot of (pretty steep) hills, but at easy-going pace and absolutely no-drop ('cause I can't seem to plan a straight forward route... people would get lost in some La Mesa/Casa de Oro labyrinths if they lose contact).
    Thank you BV &thanks Smorg. I went in to CC the other day and asked if that was still going on and the counter guy didn't know. I may try and join in this Sunday. I just kept finding rides starting in La Jolla and similar areas so these should do well.