Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2015 edited

Early September, I stumbled upon this podcast via Twitter that gave me a paradigm shift on retirement and financial independence. I maybe preaching to the choir but is it really possible to GET RICH... WITH BIKES?

Podcast #133: How to Attain Financial Independence Via the Strenuous Life

Brett McKay: What’s the one thing that someone who’s listening to this podcast right now, what can they start doing today to start on the road to financial independence?

Pete: You could start learning about other people who have done it. That’s one thing to do or you can just start taking action, make sure you have a good working bike and start replacing car trips with a bike. I like that as a psychological bridge to better money management because it’s a challenge. It saves you money but it’s also getting you change, it’s getting you more physically fit and it’s changing your mindset so that suddenly, you are active instead of passive and you’re figuring out how you’re solving problems in the world instead of just relaxing and pressing the gas pedal. I like to use the bike as both the figurative and the literal model for the first step to a financially prosperous life because it’s the perfect example of the stuff you have to do if you really want to get ahead of everybody.
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkphilips
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2015 edited

• CommentAuthorT
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2015

I too am a huge and long time fan of MMM. Bikes play a key part in the frugal / simple life. Preaching to the choir!
    Great to know that T. Maybe we can build an urban tribe of Mustachians in SD.

http://teespring.com/cyclingplanLtdEdition