Not signed in (Sign In)
    They were so quick it kinda caught me off-guard. I wish I woulda got the offending officer's name so it could be entered on the CCDB report. Yes, due to previous experience with CHP I expected more of that wonderful anti-cycling attitude, but got none...thanks to irrefutable evidence on You Tube .
    •  
      CommentAuthorbilld
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2016 edited

Redneck psychopath making threats against a cyclist for riding in sharrows in Corona del Mar:

https://www.facebook.com/mark.friis1/posts/10207942306374458

http://www.shouselaw.com/criminal_threats.html
    • CommentAuthorfjl307
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2016

That idiot from the Union Tribune must be out and about on the wide bike lanes/extra long car passing and turning lanes up in Mira Mesa.

http://closecalldatabase.com/incident/show-detail/684/
    We fight for better bike lanes and cagers just take them. That's a disturbing trend all over.
    • CommentAuthorShady John
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2016

With a little effort, it should be possible to make the bike lanes impassable by cars, e.g the occasional island with a narrow passage for bikes.
    • CommentAuthorfjl307
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2017 edited

Report on CCB to come soon but BOLO for a White 2 door Toyota Pickup with CA Plates 39449K1. He threatened my life today on Santa Fe in front of House of Scuba. Honked at me and failed to pass safely, then tried to run me off the road. He sped away once he realized I had my phone out. Extremely dangerous. It was straight up assualt and attempted murder with a motor vehicle as a weapon as far as I'm concerned. Call SDPD if you see him or know anything about him. He might live in the RV/trailer park.

I use this road daily as part of my commute always riding with lights, high viz gear, my panniers and taking the lane. There's aways the occasional close passer or honker but I've never had anything this bad happen.
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2017

fjl307, in your CCB report, you say that you saw an orange object with black handles in the passenger seat. Could it be something like this? (with black handles, obviously)

That sounds like something that a construction worker would have with him, i.e. possibly one of the workers on the railroad/trolley project in the area.
    Good thinking Shady. I see comments from others regarding the construction workers. If substantiated we could bring the issue to the contactors MCTC and demand they control their workers.
    • CommentAuthorfjl307
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2017 edited

Could be actually...

photo
    • CommentAuthorfjl307
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2017

Speaking of MCTC workers, this street sweeper I believe could have seen it all from a distance away. I was unable to flag him down though. I've tried reaching out to a few people at the project to see if they can identify that worker as his statement would be valuable. Ironically, you can see a bicycle in the bed of his pickup and further down the road SDG&E was working on a utility pole and traffic control was out and had a lane closed. So if the scumbag driver thinks I was the one slowing him down, he's mistaken he had to wait with his vehicle completely stopped.

worker
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2017

Looks like either a funky tool box, or a portable generator.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbatmick

I vote for generator too.

That's also one of the most stolen items from construction sites so most likely to be in the cabin not on the bed.
    • CommentAuthorfjl307

Generator is a good possibility.

Finally got a chance to drop off my written report and photos to SDPD following Seth Davidson's procedure. I think it was received well, at least there's a badge number and name from the Officer who took the report and a case number.