Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2016

Is anyone else upset by this as me? http://www.keepsandiegomoving.com/RegionalBikeProjects/robinsonbikeway_involved.aspx

THe community wants university. Now a majority of funding that could hae been used for full implementation of bike lanes on university will be lost to a zigzag hack job..
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2016

Any ideas for moving from protest to resistance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2016

Uggh. Gotta go to this: "A community open house for the Robinson Bikeway project will be held January 14, 2016, from 6-8 p.m. in Grace Lutheran Church located at 3967 Park Blvd., San Diego, CA 92103," I guess.
    • CommentAuthorHMeins
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2016

Reject Robinson and demand a revival of the University Avenue plan.
    • CommentAuthorT
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2016

those that were there last night discussed it a little bit on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1687692308143410/

https://www.facebook.com/events/769841126449587/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmorg

Thanks, T. :) SANDAG folks only focused on the 2-3 blocks of Robinson between Park and Alabama in North Park last night (there was no presentation, really, they just had a bunch of boards up showing overall project, different illustrations of how they could engineer the stretch and the proposed ped/bike bridge between Florida and Alabama).

I don't really mind the routing thru Robinson there, since there's really no room on University there. The more problematic bits of the project is east of there where they're using Landis, which zigzags quite a bit and has some odd little hills unlike the more uniform and more mellow gradient of University Ave. I was more curious of the routing on Monroe past Fairmount (don't know how they will solve the Monroe at Aldine problem. Currently it's one-way going eastbound and there's no room at all to play with), and how they'll solve the eastbound University Ave/Chollas Pkwy merge. Chris Kluth said he wants to close down that stretch of Chollas Pkwy east of 54th altogether and make the cars use 54th, and the problematic bit of Chollas Pkwy turned into a park or something. I'd love that a bunch, tho I imagine that'll face a whole lot of opposition.

There also wasn't much attention paid to the north-south connectors between the Robinson/Landis bike route and the Meade and Adams/Mountain View ones, I thought. I like Oregon more than the current bike route on Utah mainly because all intersection on Oregon north of University are either 4-way stop or lighted intersections. But, of course, Utah is better south of Lincoln. :o)

Anyhow, I thought it'd be quite cool to have a ped/bike bridge connecting Robinson between Florida and Alabama, regardless of where the protected bikeway does end up.
    • CommentAuthorsynthetic

a bike/ped bridge cost $3 million dollars to implement... how long of protected bike lanes can you build with that amount of money.
    • CommentAuthorT

The bridge is a great fantasy idea but its such a big cost I can easily see it being scrapped later on in the engineering phase of the design due to cost. I do agree with Roger, $3M could protect a lot of bike lanes, especially for the handful of blocks (with a grade) on university that the bridge is intended for.

I'm just really disillusioned after the hillcrest debacle. Our san diego politicians are in the driver seat and these projects hopefully will make it to the pavement in some form eventually but i'm not very hopeful.