Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorneohippy
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2016

I'm looking to restore my wife's bike, which is an old Trek that isn't worth much but is worth keeping/riding. It just needs a new paint job. Does anyone have a recommendation on a powder coater that will do prep and paint for a reasonable price?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2016 edited

RW Little, Pacific Hwy, San Diego.

They powder- and clear-coated my '86 Stumpjumper. Off the top of my head, I think they charged $100 for prep and powder coat and $40' for the clear. I was very happy with how it came out. Then I got some stickers off eBay and voila - "new bike" for under $200. :)

You are more than welcome to come by to check out the work they did on my Stumpy.

I think Shut Up Legs used a different shop for his powder coat - maybe he'll chime in.
    • CommentAuthorJSnook
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2016

I will second RW Little - they sand blasted and powder coated a mtn bike frame for me a long while back and did a great job. They did a two color fade and it turned out pretty sweet.
    • CommentAuthorShady John
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2016

Have done 3 frames/forks at JW Little, two with the clearcoat. All good, well prepped. Did one at North County Powdercoat, also good.
    Check out Hub and Spoke Cycleworks in National City on the bayshore bikeway. They do good work and are reasonably priced. Full restorations and custom stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaul
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016

JayOtheMountains:Check out Hub and Spoke Cycleworks in National City on the bayshore bikeway. They do good work and are reasonably priced. Full restorations and custom stuff.

They use paint - sometimes a rattle can, it looks better than you'd think. Brian could point you to a powder coater, though - probably the same ones mentioned here.