Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorfoghorn006
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2017

Does anyone know the safest route from Clairemont Mesa to Scripps Mercy. I can't get the map to work
    •  
      CommentAuthorSigurd
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2017 edited

foghorn006:...safest route from Clairemont Mesa to Scripps Mercy.
    "Safe" is a relative term, but if I were to commute it daily, I would probably have chosen something like this. But it really depends upon where on the mesa you are - for example, that stretch of Genesee from Balboa to Linda Vista isn't exactly super-nice.
    • CommentAuthorChris C.
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2017

I agree with Sigurd's suggestion, though I like to turn right off of Genesee at Osler and ride through the neighborhood on Ulrich. At Friars and Ulrich, I tend to cross straight toward the 163 ramp and ride the sidewalk through PF Chang's parking lot and then follow the route shown. One must pay attention to the cars entering the freeway from the west. I've ridden this a couple hundred times. Never loved it. Never hated it. I know some object to resorting to sidewalks, but I'm not up for trying to merge to the left turn off Friars at the mall. Try it early on the weekend or some off peak time to get a feel for it. Bachman is a nice feather in the cap. Cheers!